Chapter 2

February 7, 2012

1 : 09 PM

Bogaerde Residence

It has been six days since I met Zayn and Harry. And its been six days since I flashed a true smile at a camera.

I shuffled through my box of cameras as I separate my polaroids from my DSLRs

"Jasmine!" Mum's melodic voice rang into my ears, echoing through the corridor

"Coming!" i replied as I set down my Blue Polaroid, I stood up slowly and I walked through the halls.

I looked at the paintings and pictures as I walk

"There you are" A sweet melodic voice startled me

"Oh hi, mum" I said as I kissed her cheeks

I pulled away and i added:

"May I ask why did you call me?" 

"We're going to the mall, im gonna ask you if you would like to come with us" 

"Oh, yeah sure. I would like to buy some new stuffs for my cameras." I smiled sweetly at her

"Always about Cameras" Mum said as she ruffled my hair

I removed her hand from my hair and kissed her cheek

"I'll be preparing now mum"

She nodded at me and smiled

I started walking towards my room and I noticed a picture on the floor.

I picked it up and stared at it.

That picture has so many memories in it. It was the time when we were all complete, happy and smiling true smiles.

I remember when the photographer told us to say "hooray!" with our hands in the air. Mum was carrying Jace and Dad was looking at me and Jenna laughing while our hands are up in the air. Those would be the times I could say that my life was complete, the time when i dont need anything else but my Family.

I shook my head and I brought the picture back to my room.

As I reach my room, i walked to my closet and started choosing from my dresses.

I scanned my dress rack as I glide my fingers through the fabric of different dresses.

I stopped at the beautiful white dress that I only wore once. And I only wore it during Jenna's burial.

Since Jenna died, everything in our family changed. Dad isnt the happy and enjoying guy he is, Mum  started working and she hired a nanny to take care of my 5 year old brother, Jace. And me? I started showing people my fake smiles and started keeping secrets.

I know that when someone you love dies, you eventually need to move on and go on with your life. But I cant seem to force myself to do that because Jenna is my sister, my best friend, my enemy, my number 1 fan, and she's the reason why I kept telling myself I need to stay alive.

I blame the guy who crashed his car on our car. The last thing I saw was he was with his family and he bumped it on Jenna's side. Before Jenna dies, I promised to her that I will look for the guy and make sure he gets his lesson, but Jenna only told me "It's alright, It isnt his fault. If its my time to go, then I have to go. Dont make stupid things and dont blame that guy anymore. He lost a child too."

From then on, I never rode a car with a guy, only with my dad.

I picked up the dress and wore it with my creepers.

The creepers that Jenna gave me as a gift last last year.

"Happy Birthday Jasmine!" Jenna said as she hugs me and kisses my cheeks.

"Thank you Jenna!" I said as I oull away from the hug.

"I've got you a present" She said as she took out his hands with a big box covered with an Elmo gift wrapper and a ribbon.

"Aw Jenna, thnak you" I said as I get the gift from her hands

"I want you to open it now" 

"But the gift opening is still 2 hours away" I reasoned with her

"No, just open it. You'll love it" She said as she took out her phone 

I slowly ripped of the gift wrapper and I opened the box. I saw a pair of 1 inch Creepers in it with a $50 gift card to the Camera Store.

"Oh my! Thank you so much Jenna! You shouldn't have!" I said as I hug her

"You're welcome. And you need to be spoiled too you know, since Jace is the one who always get what he wants." She said smiling at me

That was one of my most favourite events in my life.

"Oh Jenna" I mumbled 

"I miss you so much." I whispered as I hugged the dress tightly.

Tears started falling down from my eyes, I sniffed as I try to inhale some air.

"Jasmine! We're going in 5 minutes!" I hear my Mum say as Jace appears on my door.

"Jasmine?" He asked me as he went towards me.

"Hi Jace." I said as I wipe the tears out of my face.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he tug on the dress.

I crouched down to be on the same level as him, "Yes Jace, Im fine." I managed to smile as I said that

"Then why are you crying?" He asked as he wiped another tear that fell down my eye.

"I just hurt my hand with the needle." I said

"Let me kiss your boo boo." He said as he reached for my hand and kissed my index finger.

This is what Jace got from Jenna, the sweetness.

I smiled at him and I ruffled his hair. "Now go, I still need to change into this dress. Tell Mum I'll be down in a few minutes." I kissed tht top of his head and he smiled at me.

He ran down the stairs as I change into the dress.

I inhaled the scent of the dress and Jenna's perfume is still there.

I shook the thought of missing Jenna more because I know that whatever happens, she'll never come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I know that I havent updated in a while, well, months actually, but hey! Atleast I updated!

I want to tell you all that you guys are all pretty!

"Learn to forget and live by the present."

xxAlyana