| fourteen

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧

chapter fourteen:serenity drives the camaro

chapter fourteen:
serenity drives the camaro

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

"OKAY, TELL ME the plan just one more time," Serenity insisted before the kids dispersed. "Just so we know what we need."

"It's simple," Mike replied. "We're going into the Upside Down tunnels, finding the hub, and setting it on fire."

"There's still layers to that. How do we know exactly where the hub is?"

"I can draw a map."

Serenity nodded in agreement. "Okay, Mike, get a piece of paper and draw a map. Lucas, Dustin, Max, get the rest of the things. We need, uh, gasoline, a lighter, and since we're going into the Upside Down, we need things to protect ourselves. Find bandanas, swimming goggles, anything that could work. Just go through the whole house, basically. Oh, and a rope. There's already a Demo-Dog in the fridge and Billy knocked out on the ground, I think those will create more questions for Joyce than anything."

"On it," Lucas confirmed.

Serenity watched as the kids walked off, shaking her a head a little. "Oh fuck, what did I get myself into?"

She then glanced down at Steve. He was still unconscious by her feet, blood spilling out of his wounds and bruises getting larger. She snuck in a disgusted glance at Billy, who was also unconscious by her feet, but she didn't feel the same heart-wrenching pain at his motionless figure. He deserved it, honestly — after everything he did to her, after everything he did to Steve, after everything he did to Max.

Serenity shook her head and walked towards the bathroom, where not too long ago, Nancy had cleaned her Demo-Dog wounds. They were still burning every time she stepped, reminding Serenity of what had actually happened back at the junkyard and everything after that. So much had happened in such a short amount of time, and her mind was spinning trying to keep up with it all.

She walked into the bathroom. Serenity opened up the cabinets and grabbed some tissues, Band-Aids, and the bottle of hydrogen peroxide with some Q-tips. She gathered them all in her arms and went back into the hallway. Dustin passed her by, sending her a fleeting smile before ducking into Will's bedroom.

Steve's injuries somehow gotten worse in the one minute Serenity had left him to get first-aid supplies from the bathroom. Serenity sighed and dropped to her knees next to him. She took the tissues and started to wipe away the more fresh blood first, just so that it wouldn't get more built up more than it already had.