| three

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧

chapter three:renny

chapter three:
renny

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

WHEN SERENITY WOKE up the next morning to her alarm, there was a slight pounding in her head and it was making her dizzy.

She quietly groaned at the pain, bringing a hand up to her forehead and pressing on it in effort to relieve some of the pain. Serenity hadn't even had that much to drink, but she guessed the alcohol still wanted to remind her that it made her slightly intoxicated last night.

"'Renity, shut that thing off," a familiar voice grumbled.

Serenity rolled her head over. Sleeping on the floor on a pile of blankets with a pillow and one of Serenity's spare comforters was Steve. Suddenly, all of the events from last night came rushing back to her. The party — Billy — Steve running out of the house by himself — Serenity comforting Steve outside Tina's house, saying that Nancy thought he was bullshit.

Steve had brought them back to Serenity's house, not really wanting to be alone. The two of them had basically passed out the second their heads hit their respective pillows, not even bothering to try and change. Sure enough, when Serenity looked down, she was still in her pink dress, but her heels and tiara were discarded on the floor.

Serenity reached over and shut off her alarm, making her room go quiet, before flopping on her back on her bed, staring at the ceiling. "We have to go to school."

"I don't want to," Steve replied, burying his face in his pillow. "I don't want to see her."

She frowned. "Steve—"

"Am I bullshit, Serenity?"

The question seemed to shock her, especially at so early in the morning. Serenity slowly pushed herself so that she was sitting up, her comforter and sheets bunching up around her. Steve was now on his back, also staring at the ceiling. His hands were clasped together and resting on his stomach comfortably. Even from the minimal light that was coming in through her windows, she could see his eyes swimming with sadness.

"No," Serenity answered quietly. "No, Steve, you're not bullshit."

"She said it so many times," Steve stated softly. "I'm starting to believe it."

"You shouldn't," Serenity insisted. "Because I know you. Sure, you might've acted like a dick the past couple of years—"

"Serenity."