| seven

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧

chapter seven:welcome to the panic room

chapter seven:
welcome to the panic room

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

AFTER HOURS OF walking, the trio finally made it to the old junkyard in Hawkins. Serenity pulled her headphones off of her ears and put them around her neck, pausing her tape that was playing Jessie's Girl. She had been listening to music their entire walk, trailing ahead of both Steve and Dustin as she was caught up in her own little world. Therefore, she was completely unaware of what Dustin had revealed to Steve.

Squinting through the late afternoon sunlight, Serenity looked around at the familiar place. It was an open field sitting underneath a blue sky trailed with clouds. Old cars, rusty metal, and car parts were littered around the space. Other than that, it was completely open and completely abandoned. Perfect place to lure a Demogorgon in.

"Oh, yeah," Steve approved. "Yeah, this will do." Serenity looked over at him, only to see Steve taking off the black sunglasses that were a part of his Halloween costume and putting them in the pocket of his jacket. "This will do just fine. Good call, dude."

Serenity trailed after him. "When did you put those on? And why do you have them?"

"Maybe if you weren't so caught up in your music, sunshine, you would notice things," Steve replied.

She rolled her eyes. Serenity hiked the backpack with the spiked bat up a little further on her shoulders as they went to a spot in the junkyard with just grass. Both Steve and Dustin overturned their buckets of meat to create a big pile.

"I said medium well!" a very familiar voice shouted.

Serenity turned, a small smile on her face. Standing there with his bike was Lucas, surprisingly accompanied by Max. Lucas waved at them before starting to roll his bike towards the bus, Max following after him. Serenity gave him a wave back.

"Who's that?" Steve questioned.

"That's Max," Serenity told him. "That's the girl—"

"Shut up, Renny," Dustin pleaded.

"Watch your tone first, and I'll think about it."

He slightly deflated. "Sorry."

Serenity looked over at him and frowned slightly. It was clear that seeing Lucas and Max together was hurting Dustin's feelings, seeing that he liked Max and Lucas was one of his best friends. She looked up and shared a glance with Steve, who was already looking at her. However, there was something new in his gaze, something that Serenity couldn't quite place.