| eight

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧

chapter eight:carry me home

chapter eight:
carry me home

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

SERENITY REGRETTED NOT bringing any Band-Aids.

She sat down on the hood of an old car and brought her knee up to her chest so she could better inspect her wound. Serenity shuddered and felt lightheaded just looking at it. There were four deep gashes on her leg, and blood was built up onto her skin as more leaked from the cuts. The bottom of her jeans were completely soaked with blood as well.

"Shit," Serenity let out.

She looked up. Dustin, Lucas, and Max were staring at her injury in something that resembled horror. Steve, on the other hand, just looked sad and pained, almost as if he could feel how much it hurt.

"We don't have time to clean it," Serenity stated. "I just need to tie something around it to stop the bleeding."

"Here," Max offered, taking off her green hoodie, leaving her in just her white shirt with yellow stripes. "Take this. I don't care for it much, anyways."

"I can't ask you to do that, sweetie."

"It's okay, really. I'll be fine. As long as it helps you."

Serenity stared at her for a moment before taking the green hoodie. She watched as Max crossed her arms, clearly getting cold from the chilly November air. Serenity then took off her leather jacket and held it out to Max. Max gave her a tiny smile and took it.

"It's my brother's," Serenity explained as Max put it on. "It'll keep you really warm. You can give it back to me whenever."

She then took a deep breath. Carefully, she wrapped the hoodie around her leg tightly. Serenity then took the two arms of the hoodie and tightened them together around the cuts. She winced as she tied the arms in a knot. Max's hoodie was already getting stained with blood, but Serenity knew that she had tied it tight enough so that the bleeding would stop.

"You're really good at that," Lucas commented.

Serenity gave him a small smile. "Well, I've had to deal with your injuries before, so I can definitely deal with my own." Serenity held out her hand to Steve. "Help me up?"

Steve took her hand. Serenity lowered her leg back down and stood up. Pain instantly flared through her leg and her cuts stung. She flinched from the pain and took a step on her bad leg. It was all right, she just couldn't put a lot of pressure on it.