| eleven

╔══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════╗

𝗔𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗦𝗧

chapter eleven:eleven

chapter eleven:
eleven

╚══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮══════╝

SERENITY JUMPED SLIGHTLY as the back door of the house swung open and slammed against the wall. Joyce, Nancy, Jonathan, and Will who was being carried by Jonathan all ushered inside. Jonathan immediately disappeared to the back room to put Will down.

"Hey," Hopper called, and Serenity glanced over to see him walking into the living room, holding his machine gun and another shotgun that belonged to the Byers. "Hey, get away from the windows!"

Dustin, Mike, Max, and Lucas had all kneeled on the couch together, peering through the darkness of the windows. At his orders, they all got up. Serenity did her best to stand in front of all of them, even though she was literally weaponless and definitely couldn't do anything against the Demo-Dogs.

But then again, her kids. She would protect them no matter what.

Hopper held out the shotgun to Jonathan, who had come back from the back bedroom. "Do you know how to use this?"

"What?" Jonathan asked, clearly taken aback.

"Can you use this?"

"Um—"

"I can," Nancy cut in.

Hopper tossed the shotgun to her, and she caught it effortlessly. Serenity could feel someone — one of the kids — grab onto the back of her sweater nervously. Serenity reached back and found the wrist, holding it comfortingly.

Steve then stepped forwards, joining the front line with Hopper and Nancy with his spiked bat. He glanced back for a moment at Serenity, and their eyes locked. Serenity gave him a small, reassuring nod.

The screeching of the Demo-Dogs that was once far in the distance suddenly got closer. Serenity's heart pounded against her chest, and she peered over Steve's shoulder, trying to catch a glimpse of anything through the darkness.

"Where are they?" Max questioned.

No response, because none of them knew. All they did know was that the growling and the screeching was getting louder, which meant the Demo-Dogs were close. There was the horribly familiar chittering noise close to the house, and then a loud thud. Serenity gasped in surprise and turned towards the sound, along with everyone else. She instinctively reached up and grabbed Steve's arm.