"What are they doing?" Nancy inquired.

The bushes were shaking just right outside of the window. Serenity felt her limbs start to shake. The monster chittered before there was another loud snarling sound. Everyone in the room turned towards the original window that they were looking at. A high-pitched screech then sounded. It appeared like the Demo-Dog was . . . in pain? Serenity didn't know how, but that's what it sounded like. They all waited with hitched breaths as the monster let out one more whimper.

And then something flew through the window, causing glass to shatter everywhere.

Serenity screamed at the familiar sight of a Demo-Dog. She felt Steve grab her waist and pull her away. Her chest heaved up and down as she stared it. However, it wasn't moving. It was just lying there. She felt sick just looking at its flower-shaped mouth and sharp teeth. Hopper stepped forwards first, his gun still pointed at it. All of them slowly trailed after him.

"Holy shit," Dustin commented.

"Is it dead?" Max asked.

Hopper kicked its head with his foot gently. All it did was roll over limply. Serenity's eyebrows knit in confusion. None of them had anything to do with it, so what killed it?

As it turns out, it was actually a matter of who.

The door suddenly started to creak. Serenity looked back towards it, still clutching onto Steve's arm tightly. She watched before her very eyes as the lock clicked open and the chain come undone by itself.

"What the fuck?" Serenity whispered to herself.

Then, the door swung open, and the world seemed to stop.

White Converse-clad feet entered the room, followed by cuffed jeans and a black jacket. Black makeup was painted on her eyes and her hair was completely slicked back. Blood was dripping from her nose and she had a heavy stare, which was a dead giveaway from Serenity.

This was Eleven.

Another dead giveaway was from Mike stepping out from behind all of them, shock reflected across his features. Eleven and him stared at each other for a moment, looking like they believed the other hung the stars and moon in the sky — which, they probably did believe that. Serenity watched as Mike got a small, relieved smile on his face.

She hadn't seen him look that happy in months.

"Eleven," Mike began.

"Mike," Eleven breathed out.

The two were drawn to each other like opposite ends of a magnet. They instantly fell into each other's embraces, tears falling freely down both of their faces as they reunited. Serenity smiled softly to herself as she watched them do so. Mike had been so, so sad without Eleven ever since she disappeared, and here she was, finally back.

"Is that . . . ?" Max trailed off.

Both Dustin and Lucas nodded, looking shocked as well.

"Mike was right," Serenity stated quietly. "He told me she was out there. Huh. Guess I get to meet Eleven."

"I never gave up on you," Mike admitted with his voice slightly shaking, pulling away from Eleven and staring down at her with nothing short of adoration. "I called you every night. Every night for—"