yan. pakunoda x reader

i got inspired/wanted to write this since i saw a list of possible soulmate au's and this one just stuck with me for some reason. i am already obsessed with soulmate au's and yandere stuff so let me combine them and hope it will be good lmao (soulmate mood ring au)

also funfact: i started this os in october 2022, lol

!TW: major chracter death, spoilers, obsessive behavior!

everyone would get it, a little on their ring finger that would appear at the age of seven

when your parents first told you about it you were scared, they said it would grow out if your skin so you figured it must hurt.

For months you told them that you did not want to get that ring, in a way that almost made it appesr as if you had any control over it.

at the time you didn't even really understand what a soulmate was.

sure, you knew the term and you knew that you would get along so well with your soulmate that you would never want to let them go.

it's what your parents said.

when you asked them if they already found their soulmates they laughed before showing you the rings on their finger.

both of them were bright green.

when you asked them if everyones ring was the same color they explained the concept further.

the ring you'd get would display your soulmates emotions, changing color based on their mood and your soulmates ring would change based on yours.

one morning, only a week after you turned seven, the ring just appeared at your finger over night.

until then you had forgotten about what fate gave to everyone and cried since you still didn't really understood any of it.

you tried taking the ring of but it didn't work, it was stuck.

you even wrapped your teeth around it and pulled back but neither did that work.

over the years you got to understand the concept of the rings and weren't as against it as you used to be, you were even glad about it.

you quickly learned what every color your ring would change into meant and within a year or two you got to experience every there was.

only one color was left for you too see though a year later you got to see it, just not on yourself.

you had just came home from school and helped your mother washing the dishes when her ring turned black.

she didn't notice it at first so you pointed it out.

"mom, your ring is black" you said and quickly she looked at it before breaking down into tears.

you didn't know what was happening so when your mother sank to her knees crying you hugged her as tightly as you could.

"what happened?" you asked her again and again but she just kept crying.