Chapter 23: The Charade: Part 2:

~Chapter Song: I Guess I'm In Love, Clinton Kane~

"Okay.", David broke the silence, "Brownie time!"

He left for the kitchen and came back seconds later yelling, "What the hell is this?". He was holding the ice creams Cameron brought. Black chocolate and peanuts on the right hand and peanut butter on the other.

Aw, Cameron!

"Umm, I..." Cameron said. He looked at the floor and passed a hand through his hair. "That's a different kind. It's not that bad.". And I was the bad liar?

"Okay", he said full of disbelief. I think by now he just accepted our ridiculous excuses cause he simply didn't want to know the truth.

We sat down with the brownies and ice cream.

"What should we watch?"

We usually watch stuff like 'White house down' or 'Angle had fallen'. In other words, anything that combined politics and action, but I really wanted something that would remind us of the past, so I suggested, "What about iron man?"

And their reactions were truly thrilling.

David said, "Sure. Why not?", while Cameron just nodded and sat on the corner of the couch.

Full of excitement for life.

David's house had this huge corner couch that was perfect for watching a movie. I sat next to him and David on the other side watching our every move from the corner of his eyes. I finished my brownie and Cameron handed me his half-eaten one΄, "Here. You can have it, I'm full."

I picked up the spoon, and right before I put a giant piece of brownie in my mouth, I noticed David's stare.

"Cameron, can I talk to you for a moment.". I picked up all the plates and stood without waiting for him to answer. He followed me to the kitchen.

"What is happening?", I yelled-whispered, while putting the plates on the sink.

"I don't know", he yelled-whispered back, "We are acting all couple-y"

"I know. But it's hard to stop."

For some reason.

I grabbed the sponge and started washing the dishes. I did house chords when I had to think as a way to keep my hands preoccupied with something (probably to not land a punch on someone).

"Really? You don't say". Did he actually think that was the right time for jokes?

I took a deep breath reminding myself that it was not the time to fight.

"Let's just, pretend the other one isn't here."

"Okay.", he mumbled, "Easy."

I'm not sure if I should be offended or happy by that. Maybe a bit of both. Probably both.

I turned around to place the plates on the cupboard but bumped into Cameron. The plates shuddered and Cameron grabbed them quickly, stabilizing them. His fingers barely touched mine; I shivered in his touch, electricity stroking my spine.

He swallowed and leaned a bit closer. My stare was locked on his. He was looking at me, with full confidence. Like he wasn't the normal shy version of Cameron anymore.

"It might be harder than I thought.", he said in a deep, hoarse voice I hardly recognize.

A question formed on my lips, and it took a lot of courage for me to say it out loud, "Are you going to kiss me?"

Did I want him to?

"I'm sure as hell thinking about it."

"What are you doing?", David's voice broke the silence and made Cameron jump away from me.