𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄. | 𝟎𝟐.𝟎𝟒.

"𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐈 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔?"

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄.

———

THERE WERE TWO THINGS ABOUT ALEX; SHE HAD NEVER BEEN GOOD WITH EMOTIONS, AND SHE HAD ALWAYS BEEN GOOD AT PROMISES. 

So, as she climbed up to Viola Goodman's window, that statement stayed true. Sure, it was a stupid, impulsive idea, but that hadn't mattered. Though, as she trekked up, she remembered climbing up to Nancy's window, and how she enjoyed that much more than this. With a shake of her head, she managed to lose that thought. 

She made a promise, and she intended to keep it. 

Vee was sitting at her vanity, about to put on some jewelry, when she heard a knock on her window. Instantly, she froze, her head racing. 

Who, or what, was knocking on her window? 

And how? 

And why? 

Alex, the one who knocked, was now awaiting an entrance from Viola. Except, the auburn was still weighing her options as she focused on her breaths. 

Kane's hands felt more and more stiff as the seconds passed, her body growing a little too accustomed to the awkward position. Viola's home, although pristine and quite luxurious, which wholeheartedly fit Vee and her reputation, wasn't too fun to climb. 

Its old bricks and weathered designs, made by her family several generations ago, didn't help in scaling the building, but the tree on its side, close to Vee's room, did. Alex had no idea how long ago the home was built, just that Viola's family was old money. Older than Alex's family, even. 

Her thoughts ventured back to Nancy, then her home. It was much easier to scale, given its interesting shape and such. She shook her head again at the thoughts, hoping they'd dissipate again. It felt wrong to be climbing up to a window that didn't lead to Nancy's room, but she had a promise to uphold. 

If she went and knocked on the front door, she could've been greeted by any other Goodman, including Viola, and the likeliness of it being Viola didn't seem all that high. 

Finally, Vee lifted herself off her cushioned seat, peering over to her window. Her eyes widened when she saw a certain blonde waiting, seemingly in a daze. Viola moved quickly, and the window was lifted before Alex blinked.