𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄. | 𝟎𝟐.𝟎𝟑.

"𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐑."

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐖𝐎𝐆.

———

AS THE STRUGGLING COUPLE STOOD IN AN SCHOOL ALLEY, THE VERY SAME ONE WHERE THEY HAD THEIR FIRST FIGHT, DREADFUL TENSION ENCASED THEM, AND STEVEN SIGHED IN EXASPERATION AS NANCY EXHALED. 

REWRITE EVERYTHING!! 

"What are you doing here?" Steven questioned, sweat dripping from his face. His sweat towel was wrapped around his right shoulder, and his arms were crossed as annoyance filled him. 

"What do you think?" Nancy asked, sarcasm embedded in her voice as she clutched her binder tightly in frustration. "Where were you this morning? I missed first period." 

"I figured Alex would take you," Steven explained, bitter; a scowl on his face. 

Nancy's expression became filled with bemusement. "What? What are you even talking about? Why would Alex take me? You always take me; I've never even ridden with Alex!" Her voice was high with confusion. 

Steven scoffed, swaying back and forth with his feet only. "Jesus, you really can't handle your alcohol." He raised his head to the sky, shaking his head in vexation as he exhaled deeply. "Uh," he paused, "let's see," he began, "do you remember going to Tina's party last night?" 

"Yes," Nancy bit back, looking to her left as she tried to recall the wrangled events of last night. 

"What else?" Steven ushered her, still upset about being taken away from the game, even though he was miserably losing.

"I remember dancing, spilling some punch. You got," she faltered, "mad at me, 'cause I was drunk." He let out a scoff at the note. "And then, you took me home." 

Some memory of Alex hugging her in a dingy bathroom clogged her head, but she temporarily unplugged it, wishing to remember why he was upset at her and partly blaming Alex. 

When was that, though? 

And why did Alex hug her? 

What had happened? 

He uncrossed his hands while gripping his towel, then he put it behind his neck with a harsh grip. Holding onto the edges, he tugged them. "No, see, this is where you get a little fuzzy." He looked to the ground, nodding vigorously with a tongue-roof click; the bitterness rested in his mouth with a plead to come out. "That was your other partner, you know, your girlfriend? That, that was Alex."