𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄. | 𝟎𝟎.𝟎𝟎.

"𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏."

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

–––

IT'S COMMON FOR PEOPLE TO WONDER WHY ALEXANDRIA KANE NEVER REALLY CARES OR GIVES A SHIT. 

It's quite simple; she doesn't have anything to really care about. 

She stopped caring the moment it was certain that they weren't coming back, that they were gone. The moment that flashed in front of her, the one where she didn't do anything. The one where her entire life was put on a path, a path that only trekked downhill at a rushing, painful pace. The deeper into her life, the deeper she traveled down the traumatic, anguishing route. 

Imagine a seven-year-old, just waiting for her parents to wake up. Sitting in a hospital, scared and clueless. 

Spoiler: they never did. 

She had to listen as their monitors beeped erratically . . . and was forced watch as the line fell into a horizontal line. Cried as they were lowered and buried into the ground. Thrown from abusive home to abusive home from the age of seven to fourteen. Sixteen and still with Arthur. Two years since she's stepped foot back into her hometown. Sweet sixteens aren't actually all that sweet—at least that's her experience, but whatever. 

Adoption. Something she thought she'd never have to even think about, but lucky her. Because now, she has to think about it. Arthur Walker wants to adopt the child, he has to, considering the foster period is over. In his own twisted way, he loves her as his own, but in his own twisted way, he despises her. 

He's a shit piece, but, he doesn't judge her. She doesn't give a shit if anyone does, not anymore. But it's nice that he doesn't and she appreciates that to an extent that's grown shorter throughout her time with him. 

The fact she's attracted to woman and men would've made her an outcast if the town didn't work in certain, fucked up ways. Most of the people in town know, they heavily frown upon it, but they focus on the fact she has interest to males. People work funny that way. So they overlook, forget really, about the girls part. She'll still get hateful looks and whatnot, but it's better than being loathed by an entire town. Her foster father, Arthur, is a prominent figure, like her parents were. He's able to conceal her sexuality and wrongdoings, so they don't affect his image, of course. That's the thing with small towns and influential figures, they have a way of manipulating others with a certain charm. 

She told Arthur before anyone else, it was one of the only times he was sincere with her. He comforted her, surprisingly. He doesn't care what she likes, if he does, he's a hypocrite. He snuck men in and out of his house, not having to do the same for the female party, though, after the confession, he stopped being secretive, at least, in front of the girl. And sure, that's horrible and very disgusting to hear, but it gives her clarity to know that she won't be judged. He'd be pissed if she brought a girl into the house, though. Mostly because he doesn't have the patience to hear anything. But if he's gone, green light. That's the one thing he's good for, not judging. He'd listen, probably get wasted and forget, but he'd listen.