i smile at her and step to the other side of the table while taking a big drink. the alcohol going down my throat made my face turn funny. it burns as it goes down. and then i see a bag of chips and grab one and chew it up. the saltiness helps with the alcohol burn.

i then feel a presence by my side, i look up and see a tall, dark haired boy right next to me. wearing a metallica shirt and a leather jacket over it. "eddie fucking munson. since when do you go to parties?" i laugh out next to him. he looks over at me and smiles. "i won't be here for long. just doin a deal and then i'll be on my way." he smiles and grabs a hand full of chips and stuffs them into his mouth.

"what about you? i didn't take you for a party girl." he says and the turns and leans on the counter. "yeah, i'm only here for chrissy" i take another sip from my cup. "and for the free drinks apparently?" he laughs out and looks down at me. "welp, girls gotta do what they gotta do." i say with a smirk and the smell of alcohol on my breath.

i chug down the rest of what's in my cup and then grab the bottle of cherry flavored vodka from across the counter. "well i'm just gonna take this and go dance. but hope to see you again." i say. "you will." he smirks. i smile back at him while stepping back onto the dance floor with a bunch of other drunk teenagers.

some stupid song is playing in the back, that i've never heard. even though almost everyone around me was mouthing the lyrics to it. i dance anyways and feel myself start to get woozier and drunker with each drink from the bottle in my hands.

a jock behind me starts screaming and cheering in my ears as he dances. he starts to lean on me but i shove him off and keep awkwardly bouncing up and down the the song.

the night continues like that. i dance and party. the bottle i've been carrying with me all night is only a quarter full now. i make my way out of crowd and into the light by the staircase.

that's when i realized two things. one, i was drunk. two, that chrissy was no where to be found. so i drunkily walk up the stairs, nearly tripping on every step. i make it to the upstairs hallway and immediately see chrissy stepping out of jason's bedroom. "hey chrissy. i think it's about time we get going." i say to her obviously drunk. she frowns and replies, "i think i might stay the night here." she says. "come on chrissy. the deal was that if i come to this party, i could get drunk and then you would drive us both to your place. don't blow me off just to blow your boyfriend." i spit out. she rolls her eyes. "come on y/n. i'm sure you can go ask to stay the night at someone else's house tonight. check by the pool, a lot of them are still sober." she says while walking to the bathroom and away from me. i hustle behind her "i don't want to stay the night at some random persons house. i want to pass out in your biiiig bed." i drunkenly say. she turns on the bathroom light and looks in the mirror at herself. she starts applying lipstick and fluffing out her hair. "i'm sorry but this might be an important night for me and i don't want to miss it, i'm sorry." she says while walking past me again to go into jason's bedroom. "by important night youu meannn losing your virginity to one of the biggest pricks in hawkins?" she snaps around. "y/n! be quiet." she says. she continues. "i'm really sorry. i don't mean to blow you off but i'm sure you can find someone else to ride home with. i love you." she says and then closes the bedroom door in my face. i love chrissy but she can be a real bitch sometimes especially when it's about getting some male validation. i put my back up against the wall and then slide down it.

i'm so drunk right now. i feel my eyes start to water. i don't know why they just do. but my tears are interrupted by another door down the hallway opening and closing. i look over and see eddie munson stepping out of room. as he steps out, smoke from the room is slowly let out. he looks right at me. "hey, you okay?" he asks walking up to me and looking down.