... ... ... ...

Once again I found myself thinking of my daily routine and how moments like this, with Luz, were something I had enjoyed. And all I could find myself wanting now was to learn more about her while I still could. Before the world fell around us and I lose such a chance forever. Luz, however, seemed to have her own plans for this as she had slowly been opening up more. Telling me stories of her past before the world became what it is now.

"...and then I spilled my tray all over Willow which is how my unfortunate first day at a new school led me to meet one of my best friends." I tuned back into what Luz was saying as we continued on our path away from the clothing store.

The way Luz spoke so animately, as if telling such an unfortunate, yet also hilarious story had given her life. It made me happy to see her like this. So open and free and real; almost hard to believe that this was the same girl. I chuckled at her story before smiling as I too looked back on my school memories fondly. "Wow, that all happened on just your first day?" I asked incredulously and she laughed while nodding her head.

"That makes me miss going to school. I was the kind of student that loved going to school most of the time. Always trying to be the top of my class to impress my parents." Even though the stress wasn't fun, I still couldn't help but smile at the thought. "What I would do to go back in time there before all of this happened," I spoke lightly as I looked towards the sky. It was a bit more cloudy than usual which I took note of.

There was a look that fell on Luz's face that piqued my interest. "I think I have an idea that could help you with that." She turned to me with a smirk and started to walk ahead of me. "You coming Blight?" She asked me while looking over her shoulder and I rolled my eyes.

I watched her continue to walk forward, a jump in her step that wasn't there before. I found the way she was acting to be captivating and I couldn't help myself but follow after her; willfully or not, my feet took me to her. "I'm not sure how to feel about this right now," I informed her yet still falling into step beside her anyway.

... ... ... ...

"You seriously brought me to a school?" I asked her in surprise but couldn't suppress my excitement. She held the door open for me and I headed in scuffing the dirt from the bottom of my shoes on the carpet out of habit on my way in.

"Yeah well, I figured you missed school, which is pretty nerdy by the way." After she said this I punched her shoulder and she scoffed out a laugh in response to my assault. "But, even if it is nerdy, I wanted to make you happy. From my travels with you, I've learned that we have to appreciate what we have left and find enjoyment in the small things." She turned to look back at me. "That's what you've taught me at least." I smiled at her words.

"Well, you've taught me a lot too. I guess we've helped each other out in that regard. With me teaching you how to live a little and you teaching me to take things seriously when it is necessary." I approached her, adjusting the collar of her shirt that had been displaced and I heard her gasp at my closeness and my movements. "However, that seriousness can wait for another time." I grabbed her hand and started to pull her along with me.

Looking back at her when we reached two closed double doors I saw her analyzing our surroundings. She walked in front of me, opening the door and going ahead of me. I left the doors open, not thinking too much about it before following after her. Catching up to her I pulled her sleeve and raised a brow at her rigid posture and exploring eyes.

"Luz, I understand your concern, but please try to live a little. You don't have to be so on edge all the time." My hand left her sleeve and her eyes looked around one more time before she sighed.