I should've stayed in bed.

Start from the beginning

Most of the Ninja busied themselves changing the sails to a completely white ones, so Garmadon knew we meant no harm as we approached his base, while Nya plotted our route. I was standing behind her, watching her work.

"You weren't always part of the Ninja force, were you their boat driver or something before?" I asked as she pressed a lot of different, shiny buttons with complete certainty, as though she was a master sailor.

She laughed and turned to me, "I guess you could say that. I'll let you in on a secret though," She brought a cupped hand up to my ear, "I was also Samurai X."

I gasped, genuinely shocked, the media always assumed that the mysterious Samurai was a man- sexists.

"I suppose its not much of a secret here, everyone else knows." She continued as she finished plotting the route. A large red dot was now displayed on the map, I was slightly unsure whether it was us or Garmadon.

"That's so cool though, you were only like 9 and building your own mechanical suit?"

"Yeah..." She grinned at my excitement, "That's the second time you've called me cool now."

"Actually I think I called you cool when I found out about the motorbike."

After another few moments of gushing about how cool everything was, I noticed three things.

1- I had definitely let it slip that I used to be an obsessed Ninja fangirl.

2- Nya was watching me, and behind me with an amused look.

3- After turning around, I noticed that everyone had finished changing the sails and was now watching me.

I felt like I had just been caught sneaking to my room with the cookie jar.

"Jay owes me £20!" Cole was the first to break the silence.

"I don't have pockets! Where do you think this £20 is?"

I cleared my throat, "Why does he owe you £20?"

"They placed bets on whether or not you were a nerd," Nya told me.

"I am not! Jay give him the £20."

"Why? You just said you aren't!"

"Yeah, well... I'm an avid liar."

"And a nerd," Kai added, to which he received a glare from me.

Jay unwillingly reached into his sock and pulled out a £20 note and handed it over to Cole.

"I can't believe you placed a bet on me."

"They also called you a nerd," Zane piped up.

"Yeah! Bullying!" I turned and walked out of the door, Misako and Wu saw my flushed face and correctly assumed what had happened.

"Do you want me to make sure they'll do even more training?" Misako laughed.

"Yes."

Misako and Wu shared a look, some sort of nostalgic happiness. I brushed it off and headed back to Lloyd's room. As I crawled back into his bed I looked into the mirror across the room. With my hair still in pigtails and wearing Lloyd's hoodie (Which completely swamped me), I looked like a child. I smiled, and the child in the mirror smiled back.

I lay on my back and my eyes drifted back to the bookshelf. I shouldn't have done it once, let alone twice but that same curiosity led me to the diary.

18th November 2014

[Y/n] said good morning and I wasn't alowed to say it back. I'm so sad. Uncle Wu told me that I'm not even alowed to tell her when we meet. IF we even meet. What if she doesn't want me? Training isn't fun at all. Kai lied.

What if she doesn't want me?

Oh my god. I am a terrible person. I knew I was being a jerk.

13th December 2014

Christmas is in 12 days. I counted. By myself. Darkleys didn't let us do Christmas. We weren't allowed anything fun. I remebmer when it was Christmas the first time when I got there. I didn't know and asked Gene if we would be getting presents. He laughed at me and pushed me down. I don't like Gene.

I have no clue what Darkleys is or who Gene is but I hate them too, baby Lloyd, I hate them too.

I turned the page and began reading a new entry when someone knocked on the door, I panicked and hid the diary under the pillow and then sprung up to open the door.

Cole was on the other side and was startled by the way I flung the door open.

"Usually, you say 'come in' and I open the door." He said.

"I was next to the door anyway, so I just opened it." I quickly rambled.

"Okay, well I just wanted to say sorry for placing a bet on you... and calling you a nerd."

I smiled, "It's alright, I don't actually mind. Jay got £20 taken off him so everything is fair."

"I taught you well," He nodded slowly, laughing a little as he did.

"Yeah, and it's not like you were completely wrong."

"Oh yeah, I know. You are a massive nerd."

I smirked and attempted to shove him, but man- that guy is a statue.

"Oh, Zane's actually making lunch for everyone. Come on." He pulled me out of Lloyd's room and into the Kitchen/Dining room. I sat in between Nya and Cole, opposite Misako and Wu.

Zane had made a heavenly-smelling bowl of noodles for everyone, once the smell hit my nose I realised I hadn't eaten anything in the past 24 hours. Getting chased by your possessed boyfriend will distract you from food apparently.

AN

1954 words

22nd September 2022

Ronin hasn't been completely removed from the plot, for anyone that likes him. He's just not as important.

~Actuallyabiscuit0602