I should've stayed in bed.

Start from the beginning

"Is that the inscription?" I asked her once we were safe.

"Yeah, we made a print of it so we could let Morro take the staff. He can't know we have this, otherwise he'll try and take this too. Before I have a chance to understand it's meaning."

"I have no plans on telling him, so your secret is safe with me." I nervously and sarcastically joked.

Misako smiled at me, genuinely. Her eyes settled on the hoodie, which was her son's. Which I was now wearing.

"You two are perfect for each other."

"People keep saying." I muttered. I thought back to the diary that I had read last night, did he have others? What was Darkleys?

I couldn't ask Misako, otherwise, she might guess that I had been snooping. I could say that Lloyd mentioned it in passing, but then she may question why he was talking about it and I'd have no idea- seeing as I had no clue what it was.

"You two are very alike, you know." She commented, pinning the parchment onto a table.

"We are?"

"Yes. You both have a habit of overthinking." She continued.

"How'd you know that's what I was doing?" I tried to ignore the implication that Lloyd might've been overthinking about us just before he was possessed.

"That's a part of my power, not as flashy as the rest of you I know. But at least I can do Spinjitzu."

This brought a question to my mind, but I was unable to ask it since we apparently started having turbulence.

"Oh my god. What is going on out there?"

"Try not to worry about it [Y/n], they're just letting Morro think he's getting the staff by his own accord."

"Yeah, well can they do that without giving me whiplash?" I was sitting in the corner of the room, using both of my arms to keep myself from toppling over.

Misako once again smiled at my sarcastic joke, she was holding on to a bench that was built into the wall.

Something outside definitely went wrong as we began plummeting down. The room felt weightless when we rose from our seats, unable to keep ourselves from doing so no matter how hard we held on to furniture.

An alarm could be heard above us, which Misako immediately recognised. "One of the thrusters must've been torn off or damaged by Morro."

"Please say we aren't above land!"

***

Luckily, we weren't above land. Also, Morro took the staff and left, giving the Ninja time to make our landing in the ocean a little bit safer. Misako and I emerged from the cellar room, while we were falling she had figured out what one of the symbols meant.

"It means Airjitzu, it's an ancient martial art. Similar to Spinjitzu, but it allows you to fly." She explained to the Ninja, and me I suppose. I was there.

"Why does that sound familiar?" Zane questioned out loud.

"Because the scroll of Airjitzu was mentioned briefly in the news not so long ago." Wu answered.

"Ah, yes. Didn't it also mention your brother?" Zane had now remembered the article in extreme detail in a matter of seconds, why was no one fazed by this?

"Yes... He stole it."

"But, we need it."

"I suppose I get to see my husband." Misako whispered to me.