Chapter 38

Y/n's pov

Months passed and life was running smoothly. Aone grew more and more obsessed with me as my belly grew. We were both eager to know the gender of our baby and our families and friends had planned the gender reveal for us.

"Hi babies" I pet the dogs and sat down on the couch. They were both increasingly more gentle with me and showed interest in the baby.
"Y/n why are you still sitting inside?" Alice walked into the room.
"Because my feet hurt and I'm tired" I replied.
"I know pregnancy is draining but I need you to come back outside" she said.
"Yeah sure" I stood up and followed her back outside.

Everyone was scattered around our backyard talking.
"You ok?" Aone rushed over.
"Yeah I'm just tired" I smiled.
"Sleep tired or sitting down tired?"
"Just sitting tired"
"I'll get you a chair" he was about to leave but I stopped him.
"It's fine don't worry" I put my arm around his waist.
"Tell me if you need anything" he kissed the top of my head.

"I still think it's a girl" Anthony said.
"It's going to be a boy" Jay argued. They were both wearing pins with the designated colour to their assumption.
"I don't mind" Aone put his arm around me "as long as I'm with you I'm happy" he smiled at me.
"I will cry, please stop" I looked away "thank you baby" I smiled.
"No problem" he chuckled.

"N/n come over here" a few of my employees waved me over.
"Yeah" I walked over to them happily.
"On behalf of L/n Law, we'd all like to give you this" Phoenix handed me a gift.
"Aww guys that's so sweet of you" my cheek ached from smiling so much "oh wow you guys are going to make me cry" I waved myself.
"Don't cry" they hugged me "we just wanted to show you that we appreciate you"
"Saying something like that isn't going to stop me from crying" I laughed. We all continued talking until it was finally time for the reveal.

Aone and I stood in front of our family and friends with smiles beaming on our faces.
"Do you want to do it?" Aone asked.
"No you do it, it'll be too loud for me" I smiled.
"Hmm ok" he happily took the air shooter. Everyone started their drumroll and Aone popped it. Pink confetti blasted out of the popper and we all cheered.
"It's a girl" Aone hugged me tightly. We pulled apart and kissed.
"I'm so happy right now" I held his face "I love you so much"
"I love you too" he kissed me again.

"Time for cake!" Dad announced and we all laughed. The cake was brought over to us.

"They really went all out for this cake" I held Aone's hand

"They really did" he blushed "my love my heart is beating so fast right now"
"Should I let go?" I tried to let him go but he clutched onto my hand.
"Absolutely not" he rushed "I am fine"
"Are you sure?" I chuckled.
"Yeah" his smile beamed. We cut the cake and I took a small piece.
"You have to eat some too" I cut him a slice as well.
"But-"
"Shush" I interrupted "your diet is too restrictive anyway"
"You'll be the one arguing with my dietitian" he took the slice.
"I'm fine with that" I smiled.