Chapter 28

I pulled into the driveway.

There were rows of familiar cars spread across and I smiled as I figured out who was there

There were rows of familiar cars spread across and I smiled as I figured out who was there. I looked at Aone and he was saying a prayer. I watched him finish and look at me.
"I need all the help I can get" he said. We got out of the car and he got the gifts from the booth. I picked up my bag and opened the door for the dogs to get out.

We walked over to the front door and it was unlocked. We went in and the dogs ran in a random direction. We rushed after them and heard the conversations stop before we entered the kitchen.
"Look at this cutie" Aunt Marie pet Bear. They all began to swoon over the dogs. I looked back at Aone and he let out a relieved sighed "if they're here that means that-" they finally noticed us "Y/n!" Aunt Marie rushed over to me and gave me a hug "how are you sweetie?"
"Really good" I smiled. She pulled back and looked at Aone standing behind me.
"Good afternoon" Taka bowed "I'm Takanobu, thank you for having us" he handed her flowers.

My aunt took the flowers but continued to stare at Aone.
"He is the husband?" She looked at me.
"Yeah" I smiled. She poked his arm and he held back his laugh.
"You're a very lucky man" she said "you look very happy together and you seem nice" she smiled "don't disappoint me"
"I won't" he smiled.
"Good" she chuckled "thank you for the flowers, welcome to the family sweetie" she hugged him.
"Thank you" he smiled.

I looked at the rest of the adults and they were smiling.
"Look at you!" Uncle Jacob put his arm around me and lead me over to the other uncles "now why tf would you marry someone who looks like the fucking hulk?" He whisper yelled "he'd lay us tf out!"
"He would never" I laughed "he's too nice, I'd beat him up"
"You?" Uncle Marco said in disbelief.
"Ok rude" I said and they all laughed "he's not that tough, I could beat him up" I said.
"Go ahead" Uncle Kieran said. They all gestured him.

I turned around and saw Aone talking to the other aunts. They were asking questions and he would easily answer. I walked over to him and he continued talking to them but slipped his arm around me. Once he was done he kissed my forehead lightly.
"You ok?" He asked.
"Yeah" I smiled and awkwardly walked back to my uncles.
"That was just embarrassing" Uncle Marco said and they all cackled.
"You guys are just mean" I said "where is everyone else?"
"Kids are in the living room with ma" Uncle Jacob said "she said to send you in there when you guys come"
"Oooh ok" I said. I felt Aone's figure behind me. The uncles looked up at him and all stood up.
"Nice to meet you son" Uncle Jacob shook his hand firmly.
"Take care of her alright" Uncle Kieran said.
"I will" Aone smiled and put his arm around me again. The men looked at me grossed out.
"Ok let's go meet everyone else" I said and they laughed.
"When you're done, Aone come back here, we need to talk" Uncle Marco said and he agreed.