Evelyn. |Chapter 2|

I looked out the window of my apartment as i sipped my coffee, wrapped up in a sweater that was all too big for me. My phone began to ring, but I ignored the call, wanting to enjoy the peace that I had all to myself this morning. I had an art history class this afternoon, and heaven knows that all of the students will be carrying around canvases that are 5 feet tall, or sculptures that need to be rolled on a trolley. It was finals week, well actually month, at the arts college. This year was my last year, and I am much too excited to call myself a designer after this. My phone rang yet again, and i reluctantly answered it this time.

"Riley, we're going to need you to come down to the cracked mug as soon as you can" My boss said, his voice was filled with anxieties.

"Yeah, I'll be there as soon as I can. What's going on?" I asked, my heart began to race as i made my way to my bedroom to pick out an outfit.

"Evelyn, she didn't go home last night." He said. My heart stopped, and i tried to come up with a logical reason she'd been talking to a guy online for a while, and was going to meet him. Maybe that's why she wanted me to take her shift last night.

"I'll be as fast as I can." I said before hanging up. I took a quick shower and threw on my leggings, a baby blue shirt, and my cream colored knit cardigan. I put on minimal make-up and gave my wavy hair a quick dry. I grabbed my keys and my purse on the way down. In the elevator i became very worried, Evelyn was a very good friend of mine, and if she is in trouble I don't know what i'd do. Sure I had other friends, but nobody knew me like she did. I walked the three blocks to the little bakery restaurant fusion i worked at as quickly as humanly possible. I swung the door open to see all of my co-workers sitting at the tables in the front of the building, and a group of four-maybe five people huddled in a circle at the front. I took a seat beside Noah, a freshman who scored a job here in the fall as a baker. "Do you have any idea what is going on?" I asked him, fidgeting in my seat. I tucked my hair behind my ears and directed my attention to the front as the group at the front fanned out, and began to give their speech. I noticed him as soon as he looked up, the guy who stayed until closing yesterday. The coffee guy. The dark haired woman began to talk.

"My name is Agent Prentiss, and this is the rest of my team. There has been an abduction, you know her as Evelyn Thompson. We have reason to believe that this Unsub is targeting ideal women online, then luring them to a place away from the public where he then abducts them. This unsub is in his mid to late thirties and is using a fake identity online. Other victims are found to have been put through forms of torture as well as sexual abuse." she finished before passing it onto an older looking male, who introduced himself as Agent Rossi.

"If anybody has any information on where ms. Thompson may have gone last night please come and talk to us immediately. We have a station set up at the local police department where anyone with any information must report."

"Even the slightest bit of information, whether you think it is relevant or not could help the case." The coffee guy said, he never did introduce himself. After everyone started chattering and talking about the news that had just been dumped upon us, i sat in awe. I stood up and made my way into the kitchen where i sat for a moment before i began to cry. Evelyn was so small and fragile, or at least she seemed like it. She would have to use everything within her to survive the torture that she may encounter.I heard the door swing open, and i quickly tried to compose myself. I turned around and saw him. His long hair was tucked behind his ears, and a sympathetic look washed over his face.

"You knew her very well didn't you?" He asked me. He made his way towards me slowly.

"I did." I said, dabbing my cheeks to wick up any moisture.

"We're going to find her, but I need you to tell me anything that you know about her." He said, and soon Agent Prentiss walked in.

"Reid, we're going to go back to the station now." She said. His name was Reid. Weather it was his last or first name i didn't really care, but i knew what to call him now.

"Okay, we need to take Riley back with us, she knew Ms. Thompson very well. We could pull some vital information for the case." He said, shoving his hands deep in his pockets.

"Alright, we're rolling in five." She said, giving me a smile.

"How do you remember my name?" I asked him, a bit in shock. Usually you don't remember the name of the girl who gives you coffee at a restaurant you've never been to before.

"I have an eidetic memory, and an I.Q. of 187. I'm extremely good at remembering things." He said, he didn't gloat or brag though. Simply stated a very interesting fact.

"Makes perfect sense." I said. He escorted me out to their vans, and i took a backseat in one. Reid hopped in drivers side and a blonde lady who had addressed herself as Agent Jareau earlier climbed in passenger seat.

"You pull any good information, Spence?" She asked him. By putting two and two together I figured his first name was Spencer, last name Reid.

"Well I will. I have a good friend of Ms. Thompson in the back seat." He said, jabbing his thumb backwards, pointing to me. I was sat behind her, so it's understandable that she didn't see me. She peeked her head around the seat and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Hey sweetie, I'm JJ. What's your name?" She asked.

"Riley Bartlett." I introduced myself and shook her hand. She was very gentle and kind.

"I know you're worried about your friend, but her case is in good hands now. We're going to find her." She said, giving me a weak yet much appreciated smile.

* Hey guys, so this is my first time writing a criminal minds fan fiction. I haven't done this kind of thing in a very long time, so please let me know how I'm doing !*