Chapter 16 - When Vengeance Is Knocking At Your Front Door

#Zolani's P.O.V

Thuli got me concerned. I can see that she's a bit scared and emotional, even though she's trying so hard not to show it. Now I'm super worried, I just hope she's okay. She left me here... all alone with my thoughts...

*A WHILE LATER*

She's back now, with a brown envelope in her hand and coming closer to me...Zolani think... what could be in there...? F*ck! she's divorcing me.

"I was hurt when I found out, but hey... I'm still breathing" she said with a faint smile and handed me the envelope.

Eager to see what's inside...I peeked inside since it was opened. I looked at her and took out whatever that was inside. I took a look and it was a pictures... of me and Thobile inside the airplane. On the first one, she was sleeping on my chest... I felt my chest being tight and my blood started to boil. I put the picture behind the others. The second one we were kissing. I kept looking at these pictures and I just got furious with every picture. I didn't knowing how to face my wife after this, because I was caught cheating! I became so speechless because there was no way I could deny the affair when she had such evidence. I just looked at her with shame and I was so filled with remorse and regret. What have I done?!

"Before you say anything... I called you on the morning of your return to tell you that Mbali was admitted at hospital, but you didn't answer - your mistress did. She answered your phone with confidence, telling me that she's your girlfriend and that you're 'busy'. I then went to the hospital, alone... with no one to comfort me, and no shoulder to cry on. Mbali was comatose for 3 days : 3 days of not sleeping, 3 days of stressing, 3 days of sorrow and 3 days of being alone... Zolani (tears run down her cheeks). I called you later on when you were from the hospital and the words you sai- (voice cracks) ... the words you said broke me apart (in a hoarse voice). You said 'what should I do, fly from Cape Town to Jo'burg with a basket full of fruit, huh? (she sobs). The way you were so edgy all of a sudden when speaking to me... I concluded that your mistress used witchcraft on you and I told you that on the phone too. You were so defensive and protective of her...to a point where I felt so worthless. I went to a traditional healer for a consultation... and turns out I was right! She did indeed put a love potion in your food and in your body lotion too. Her intentions were for our children to die, then you'd eventually find me useless and divorce me and end up marrying her. Even Mbali's accident was orchestrated by her. SHE WANTED TO KILL MY CHILD, ZOLANI! (shouts at me). I was advised to buy you a new lotion and swap it with the one you were using at that time to reverse the spell, and to give you muti to cleanse your system so that her potion stops working...I just wanted to get this off my chest. You really broke me, Zolani" she continued to sob and it broke my heart.

I found myself wiping my own tears... I didn't realise that I was also crying. She stood a few steps away from me and I was seated on the couch, looking up at her. She came to sit next to me and I stood up to go and get her a glass of water. She drank it and she cried her lungs out on my chest. I really had to make things right. She stopped crying and I wiped all her tears off, looked into her red, puffy eyes and felt my heart throb. I got on my knees and she was shocked at what I was doing.

"I'm deeply sorry for being a total fool and hurting you, my pillar of strength. You made me the man I am today. You changed me into a better person and I am so blessed to have you in my life, babe. I'm thankful for you and my beautiful kids you bred me. I love you sosososososoo much and I'll never hurt you, ever again! (she wipes my tear) I really hope that you find it in your heart to forgive me as time goes on. I love you babe" I said to her.