Naira: I know...I know but....(takes a deep breath and raises her gaze) yeh pregnancy tests completely reliable nhi hote hain Kartik....we can still go to a doctor-

Kartik(raises his voice): Oh....hell with the goddamn doctor.....you lied to me...!!

Naira(trying to explain; teary eyes): Kartik....Kartik ek baar meri baat toh suniye-

Kartik(in disappointment): This isn't what we planned Naira...!!

Naira(blankly): Kuch cheezein plan ke hisaab se nhi chalti Kartik...!!

Kartik looks at her for some minutes then turns back.

Naira(calling from behind): Kartik....Kartik...ek baar meri baat toh-

But Kartik doesn't give her any heed and storms out of the room. Naira's heart shatters seeing his reaction. It wasn't like she was only expecting a positive reaction from him, but somewhere she hoped that he would understand her. But seeing his impulsive behaviour after hearing the news, all her hope went in vain. She sat on the edge of the bed with a thud and started sobbing silently, holding the edge of the bed. The day wasn't good for her till now. She was feeling guilty for nothing.

Little did she know, Trisha had witnessed their conversation and as Kartik exited from the room, she barged into the room some minutes later.

Trisha (standing at the door; concerned): Di...!!

Upon listening her little sister's voice, Naira wiped her tears and raised her head sharply. But she could not hide how vulnerable she felt at that moment, her sorrow was visible on her face.

Trisha walked towards her and knelt in front of her, she was sitting on the bed. She held her hands and looked at her sister with a warm expression.

Trisha(hopeful): Di....Di....dekho aap aise ro mat....yeh koi rone wali baat thodi hai...!! Jiju.....Jiju....(tries to find correct words) Aap bass jiju ko thoda time do....woh samajh jayege....aap itne khushi wale mauke pe mat rona di please...!!

Naira: (dreadful eyes; blankly): Kartik iss bacche ko lekar khush nahi hain Trishu...woh mujhse naraaz hai....kyuki mene jaanbujhke unse cheezein chupayi yeh jaante huye bhi ki main galat hoon....(sobs silently)

Trisha(teary eyes): Aisa nhi hai ki jiju iss bacche ko lekar khush nhi hain di....aisa bilkul nhi hain....woh bass....woh bass thode confused hain....isliye unhone aise behave kiya....warna woh kabhi aise thodi behave karte hain...!! It's just everything came as a shock to him, cheezein bilkul unplanned thi.....(lil guilty) Plus mene bhi unecessarily sabke saamne jaake dhindhora peet diya, aap dono se pooche begair....aap dono keliye situation aur difficult bana di......kitni stupid hoon na main?! (holds her hand tightly) sorry di...!! I should have given you both time....woh toh bass main masi banne ki khushi mein kitni excited thi na-

Trisha stops speaking as she notices Naira's blank face. It seemed like she wasn't hearing anything she was saying. Trisha sighs and cups her chin, bringing her out of her trance.

Trisha(concerned): Di....kya ho gya?? Kya soch rhi ho??

Naira turns her gaze towards her and looks at her eyes directly.

Naira(blankly): Agar Kartik hi iss bacche ke aane ki khabar sunke khush nhi hain, toh.....main kyu lau isey duniya main?!

Trisha looks at her bewildered.

Trisha(bewildered): Di....aap yeh kya bol rhi hain??

Naira(serious): I think I should go for an abortion...!!