Episode 146 : Naira's Nightmare Comes True?

Hey guys, here's the next episode. Please vote and comment.

Happy Reading...!!

<>•<>•<><>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

DELHI

AT NIGHT

GOENKA VILLA

KAIRA BEDROOM

After strolling with Trisha in the garden for a while, Naira returned to her bedroom only to see Kartik sitting on the bed and working on his laptop. She glanced at him for a while but he did not notice her, he was so engrossed in his work.

Sighing, she paved her way towards the bathroom to complete her night chores and wear something comfortable to sleep.

A few minutes later, Naira walked out of the bathroom wearing her night dress and settled on the bed beside Kartik, whose focus was still fixed on the laptop screen. He had recently started to wear reading glasses to avoid any kind of strain on his eyes.

Naira looked at him for a while but then spoke at last.

Naira(softly): Kartik...

Hearing her voice, Kartik turned to her sharply.

Kartik: Naira...tum kab aayi??

Naira: Main bhaut pehle aa chuki hu Kartik....aapne hi notice nahi kiya...aisa kaun sa kaam hai jisne aapki neend uda di hai??

Kartik: (sighs in defeat and takes off his reading glasses) Pucho mat Naira....yeh abroad clients....inko saare important mails mere sone ke samay hi bhejne hote hai...and they expect me to respond asap...uff....

He lays down on the bed and rests his head on Naira's lap. Naira smiles at him and starts massaging his head gently with her soft hands, while Kartik closes his eyes and relaxes for a bit.

Kartik: Waise Mrs Goenka....

Naira(smiling): Hmm..??

Kartik: Aaj ki presentation aapne kaafi acchi banayi thi...clients ko bhaut pasand aayi...

Naira(smiling): Barkha ne bhi toh usey acche se present kiya na Kartik...

Kartik: (sighs) Haan...woh bhi hai...(opens his eyes and looks at her) waise, tumhari tabiyat kaisi hai abhi? Kal Teej ke baad, parso se office join karogi na?

Naira stops massaging his head and looks at him cluelessly. He still isn't aware of her pregnancy. Should she reveal it to him right away or wait till the morning? She should also prepare herself mentally to face him. She was lost in her maze of thoughts when Kartik spoke:-

Kartik(realizes suddenly): Arrey tumhari mehendi...

Naira looks at him blankly.

Kartik: Tumhari mehendi toh mene dekhi hi nahi...

He holds Naira's palm and looks at her mehendi.