A New Job

"You'll never catch me!," I screamed while running away from an angry mob.

I had just "accidentaly" blown up a plane at my old workplace.

I knew they were going to fire me, hence it being my old workplace.

Hi, my name is Y/N, and I'm an engineer who loves inventing new things, working on machines, and blowing things up.

Hey, I can't help that my entire family are villains.

Well, except for my mom. I have no clue why my dad fell in love with a hero.

Anyways, I am now 19 and living in Hatville.

Things are pretty boring here, except for the giant black hat in the middle of it all.

I heard a rumor that the most evil villain alive lived there, Black Hat.

I wouldn't be surprised, considering the building is a black hat.

When I told my dad I was moving here, he said to look out for Black Hat. I believe they were childhood friends and now business partners, despite the dimension difference.

Now, since my parents are who they are, you may wonder if I have any powers.

And my answer to that is no.

My mom is a mortal, she's only a hero because he has muscles and guts. I got that side of the family.

Fortunately for me though, I am incredibly smart, and I have charm. So that gets me pretty far.

Would I consider myself a true supervillain? No. But I'm definitely not a hero by any means.

I'm just a little psycho.

I continued running and turned a corner into an alleyway; watching the mob completely run past me.

I began to stroll along the city streets; walking past a tv shop. As if on cue, all the tvs turned on and had the same imagine on their screens.

"Is this thing on? Yes? Good. Hello! I am the most evil supervillain ever, Black Hat. I am in need of an inventor. You see our doctor has been struggling lately, and is in need of an assistant. If you wish to apply, come to the giant black hat in the center of town...NOW!"

The tvs all turned static. I considered this a sign.

A world famous villain in need of an inventor, it's almost too perfect.

I made my way towards the house, and prepared for one of the greatest experiences of my life.