♥ Chapter 29 ♥

I opened my eyes only to be greeted a really colourful amusement park. It reminded me of Disney World where Nori's parents took us one time when we were kids.

"Where the hell am I?" I looked around at my surroundings and found myself on a spinning teacup ride."

Scarlet Phantom materialized in the seat next to me. "You're in Death 13's world, the place Kakyoin ended up every time he slept." She looked around the amusement park and rolled her eyes. "Urgh, I hope that no weird mouse characters are walking around the place like they did when you, Kakyoin and his parents went to a place like this."

"Wait. How did you know about that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Huh?" Scarlet Phantom looked back at me and blinked. "Oh, I think you mentioned it at some point." She laughed innocently.

"Hmm... I don't think I did. I think there's something you're not telling me." I pointed an accusing finger at her. "You and I will be having a serious talk about this later. But right now, we need to go and find Nori." I stood up and looked around the place until my gaze landed on a familiar figure in a black uniform and white hair. "Holy shit... Is that Nori over there?" I pointed over to the person that looked similar to Nori.

Scarlet Phantom stood up and titled her head to the side whilst squinting her eyes slightly. "I dunno. This dude looks quite hot... No wait... Yep, that's him. The crazy hair is a dead giveaway. Though I have to admit, I'm liking this version of him," she purred as she bit her bottom lip.

"Can you quit it? Now is not the time to be gawking at my boyfriend." I frowned as I jumped out of the teacup. "Let's go."

"I was not gawking! Besides, Kakyoin's not my type!" Scarlet Phantom called after me as she followed me out of the teacup. "I was simply saying I liked this version of him. The white hair really suits him," she added as she came to stand beside me.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Come on." I started to run towards Nori and called out his name.

Nori turned around and looked at me with wide eyes. "Hiroko!" He ran over to me and as soon as we were in each other's reach, we wrapped our arms around each other. "I'm so glad you're here. I couldn't find you anywhere."

"I was awake to see if there was a way of proving that little brat is a Stand user, but then Scarlet Phantom knocked me out," I quickly explained.

"There's no need to prove it. Everyone's here, they can see for themselves." Nori released me and turned back and pointed to the rest of the group who were looking up in horror. I followed their gazes to see a clown-like ghost with a long cape and Hierophant Green wrapped around its neck hovering above the group. This must be Death 13.

Nori smirked and stepped forward. "Now, it's time for your punishment." The redhead paused and stopped walking. He glanced over his shoulder at me, then added with a devilish purr, "Baby."

My jaw dropped at the sound of how seductive he sounded, especially at the fact he said it whilst looking at me. Scarlet Phantom placed a hand under my jaw and closed it with a giggle. "Calm down, it's only a dream."

I realized that I was gawking at Nori and looked away, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Death 13 was struggling against Hierophant Green's grip and was swinging it's scythe around.

"Give up, Death 13," Nori growled. "I had Hierophant place himself in your blind spot. If you keep up this futile struggling—" he stepped forward some more "—I don't care that you're a baby, I'll snap your neck like a twig!"

I couldn't take my eyes off Nori. He was so different compared to a few hours ago. His confidence had returned, and he came back fighting stronger than ever.