013

Chapter thirteen Dreaded NightmaresJuno's POV:The first week of September was ending and the weather was changing

Chapter thirteen
Dreaded Nightmares
Juno's POV:
The first week of September was ending and the weather was changing. Edward's apartment was always so cold. I never really understood it. I woke up to the chilly air creeping in through the window. I rubbed my eyes and then felt Edward shifting next to me. He tossed and turned, breathing heavily as he did so. I sat up slowly, reaching out to touch his shoulders. "Edward." I shook him gently and his body jolted. He rolled onto his side quickly which caused me to back away with a gasp. His breathing only got harder. "No. No. No." He mumbled. "Edward, wake up." I said as I rolled him back onto his back, shaking him again. Edward shook his head frantically. "No! Please!" His voice was in such agony. "Eddie, you're dreaming. I'm here." I attempted to cup his cheek but Edward sat up. I moved out of the way before his body collided with mine. "No! Never again! No! N-No! I didn't do anything! No!" He shrieked. "Edward, wake up! You're dreaming! It's just a bad dream!" I put my hands on his shoulders and straddled his waist. Edward's eyes widened and he gasped. "Eddie, it's me." He was breathing heavily and he tried to push me off of him. "No, get off. Leave me alone." "Edward, it's me. It's Juno. You had a bad dream. It's not real." I slowly cupped his cheek and Edward let out a moan of discomfort. "It's me, Eddie." I whispered. "J-Juno?" He asked breathlessly. I nodded and said "it's me." His breath quivered and he wrapped his arms around my waist. Edward buried his face into the crook of my neck as he started to sob. I rubbed his back and whispered sweet nothings to him, wanting to get him through it. "It's ok, Eddie. Let it out. You'll feel better after. I promise. You're ok, Eddie. I'm here." His arms tightened around me and I kissed his head. His body shook with sobs and he gasped for air. I ran my fingers through his hair, trying desperately to calm him down. I even attempted to rock him a little bit. Even though it was bit difficult since I was straddling him. I slowly went to get off his lap and Edward made a noise of protest. "Hey, I'm here. I'm just going to get off you so I can hold you a little bit better. Is that ok?" Edward nodded against my neck and I got off his lap, Edward desperately trying to hang onto me. "Eddie, hang on." "Juno, please." He whined as I went to sit back against the very worn out headboard. Edward quickly buried his face into my neck as he did before. I kissed his head and ran my fingers through his hair. His sobs turned to soft cries. He was coming down from the panic of his bad dream. I sung the tune to Don't Worry Baby by The Beach Boys softly. Edward looked up at me, tears streaming down his face. His lips parted as his green eyes filled with admiration. I kissed his forehead and then his cheek. Edward exhaled deeply and I felt his hands go to my waist. His cries were now turning into sniffles. His thumbs made circles into my hips. I brushed his bangs out of his face and kissed his cheek again. "J-Juno?" He asked. "Yeah, Eddie?" I replied. "Could you get my glasses? I can barely see you." I reached for his glasses on the nightstand and handed them to Edward. He put them on his face and a small smile appeared on his face. I cupped his cheek and kissed his forehead again. Edward hummed contentedly and I said "you're ok." Edward nodded and said "I am." There wasn't any rain tonight. Just the bright moon and the city lights from Gotham shining in the window. "Do you want to talk about it?" Edward looked down and then fiddled with the pajama pants he wore. He shuddered and then said "no." "That's ok. I'm here for you no matter what." Edward grabbed my hand and held it in his. He played with my fingers on my right hand. He then brought my hand up to his lips, kissing it. "Don't worry, baby." I told him. Edward leaned his head on my shoulder. "I hate having nightmares." He mumbled softly. "Do you want a cup of tea? Or do you want to take a bath?" Edward furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Those things help me when I have a nightmare. I usually drink tea but sometimes I go and take a bath to relax me. The hot water really helps." Edward continued to play with my fingers and he looked down at my hand. "I'll have some tea." "Do you have any?" I asked. "I should. I mean, I went out and bought your favorite kinds. Earl Grey and English Breakfast." "Which would you rather have?" "Uhm, Earl Grey." I nodded at him and slowly stood up, his hand slipping from mine. "You stay here. I'll bring it to you." I cupped his cheek and kissed his forehead. I left him in his bedroom, turning on the light in his kitchen. I blinked at the harsh white light and opted for a candlestick he had instead. I was a bit confused as to why he owned a candlestick but I wasn't complaining as I didn't want the bright light on. I started boiling some water and grabbed the tea bag with a mug. It only took a few minutes for the water to be boiling hot and I poured some into the mug, putting the tea bag in as well. I turned around to sit at the table and Edward was standing in the kitchen. I jumped and said "Edward! Jesus Christ!" His eyes went wide and he reached for me and then hesitated. "I'm-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." His tall frame loomed over me in the kitchen, his shadow dancing on the wall from the candlelight. "It's ok. You really scared me." I put my hand over my heart and Edward sat down at the table. "Angel, I'm so sorry." I shook my head and said "it's ok. I didn't hear you come in." "I didn't want to disturb you. So, I was being quiet." "Next time, please make your presence known." Edward half smiled and said "will do." I turned around to look at the tea cup when Edward grabbed me. He pulled me into his lap and I slowly straddled him. "M-My nightmares are usually always bad. I don't go to sleep after. But, I think I can now cause you're here." "I'd hope so, Eddie. I can't have you not sleeping because of an awful dream." I cupped his right cheek and Edward's eyes fluttered closed. He tilted his head upwards and leaned in slowly. I pecked his lips and then moved to his left cheek. I then kissed his cheek. His cheeks reminded me of a cherub's. They were round and slightly chubby. I stroked his head and he sighed contentedly. I kissed the bump on his nose and then pressed another kiss to his nose. Edward's nose twitched and he giggled softly. "You're a pretty boy." I kissed his nose again and Edward gasped softly. "Me?" He whispered. His green eyes were full of wonder and amazement. I nodded and said "so pretty." Edward leaned up to kiss my lips, his lips moving quickly against mine. I guided him through the kiss, trying to get him to slow down. He always kissed me as if he'd never see me again; like I was going to disappear. I pulled away slowly and said "let me make your tea so we can get back to sleep." Edward nodded and I put a few spoonfuls of sugar into the mug. The two of us then went back into the bedroom. Edward sipped the tea while I laid on his chest, my leg over his waist. The two of us were just enjoying each other's company and relishing in the silence. I ran my hand up and down Edward's chest. I felt his hand go to my hair, twirling my curls around his fingers. "I'm right here, Eddie. You can go back to sleep." I reassured him. "Ok, angel." Edward replied softly.