Chapter 9

"I believe Mr. Harvit was also the heir to their business and so his parents threaten him to come clean. Can you imagine the pressure and the torture? Torn between your family and your best friend. Of course, they were young back then." Silence covered the car. Mr. G went out and opened the door for me.

"What happened next Mr. G?" I went out the car and looked at him.

"Your dad went to prison and I don't know how long. What the media knows is he went abroad but he was here, locked up."

I had enough information in one day so I thanked Mr. G and went inside the mansion. He followed me. I stopped and looked at him again.

"How did you know all this?" I stared at him. He smiled as if he was reliving some memories.

"My family has been serving yours from my great grandfather. Besides, I went to high school with your dad." He smiled and somewhat I felt a little nostalgic. I nod and went upstairs suddenly feeling a little sad.

I never got to attend high school, or even invited in a dance. The only dance I've been is during auctions or Elite parties (which I met my exes by the way). And I just realized how much I missed being the only daughter. I guess being this rich has its downside. But I have to be thankful for what my ancestors and dad worked for me to be here in this place. But still.

Suddenly I remembered Greg Harvit. I immediately opened my laptop and Googled him. My hang kept open for god knows how long.

Harvit enterprise went down after Lockheart withdrew shares

Harvit enterprise out of the picture

Lockheart Incorporated leading the business

World around Lockheart without Harvit

All these new headlines made me dizzy. I closed my laptop and slumped on my bed. So are they bankrupt now that's why Greg talked to my dad? What an ass!

I can't keep my curiosity to myself so I called Mr. G again.