Chapter 16 - bad timing

Comenzar desde el principio

'Alright we need good ideas Y/n, you gotta cheer the person who makes a lot of others smile every day, now smile.'

'I could say some jokes ?'

'Yeah no, I don't have anything ready right now...'

'Ugh how hard can it be to think of something...'

A squeaking sound makes me shriek up as I notice Polka has a rubber chicken in her other hand, grabbing it by its throat.

Y/n: "Haha, where the fuck did you pull that one from now huh ?"

She doesn't say anything and instead keeps pressing down on the chicken while clutching my hand tightly.

Polka: "Hey Y/n...?"

'Her voice sounds so shaky, unlike the confident and cheerful Polka everyone knows...'

Y/n: "What's up ?"

Polka: "How do I... know how love feels ?"

Y/n: "Huh ?"

'Please chaos tell me she isn't in love with me, though I'm not sure if that's a bad or good thing... FUCK GET A GRIP ME, YOU STILL HAVE TO CLEAR EVERYTHING UP !'

Y/n: "Honestly that depends on how you see it."

Y/n: "...Which is why I can't explain it to you, it's something you have to figure out yourself as dumb as it sounds and maybe even rude, but sometimes you have to be blunt despite wanting to sugar coat things, it's just how life is every now and then."

I sigh and look up at the stars smiling.

Polka: "I see..."

Y/n: "But I can do my best to try and explain it to you in a generalistic approach I guess."

Polka: "Huh ?"

Y/n: "Some people say it's butterflies in your stomach, some say it's when you look at that person or even think about them you become a lot happier, smile more often and all, wanna impress them and such."

Polka: "That's..."

Y/n: "Just a generalistic view I guess yeah, but there are a lot of opinions from a lot of people and if we were to list even 1% of them we would never get out of here haha !"

Y/n: "Although I'm not sure what kind of problems you're facing, but no matter how bad they may get, you don't have to face them alone, you have tons of amazing people around you, I'm sure they will gladly help you out if you ask them."

She stares at the ground with a bittersweet smile and lets go of my hand, allowing me to stand up.

Y/n: "Come on now, you'll catch a cold at this rate."

I smile and hold out my hand for her as she looks up, her eyes widening in surprise I assume.

Polka: "Uhm Y/n, be-"

She doesn't get to finish her sentence as everything goes to black.

???: "I can't wait to do all kinds of experiments on him~"

???: "You're not gonna lay a finger on him Koyori !"

???: "Oh come onn, why not !?"

???: "Because you'll ruin our plan !"

Koyori clicks her tongue and makes a noise that makes me think she's pouting.

???: "Wait are we even sure that's Y/n ?"

???: "Polka literally called him Y/n, I doubt she would if it wasn't him..."

I open my eyes and look around, finding myself sitting in a dimly lit room, my hands tied behind my back and my legs tied to the chairs legs.