"AHHHHH!!"
We all screamed in sync before it stopped inches away from our fear-stricken faces.

"G-Mobile summoned."
Said the automated voice.

Everyone else started wandering around the car, examining it.
"This is sick."
Said Berger.

"Still think you're dad's the Guard's butler?"
asked Lizzy.

I was frozen in place.
No.
It can't be.

I slowly looked up, honing in on a pair of black Nike sneakers hanging from the front mirror above the dashboard.

This is the campervan.
The one I haven't seen since I was like what-six?

Is this part of the reason we haven't been camping for so long?

Because dad turn the van into some kind of super-gadget?

This is just another one of the ways he has separated himself from his actual life and become a hero. He's slowly trying to forget about me and mom and turn it all superhero-ey.

But if that's true, why are my shoes in the window?

We continued walking around until I came across a row of pictures in frames of me, mom and dad.

I looked at them for a minute and scoffed, flipping the photo on it's face so I didn't have to look at it.

I walked around a bit more, until I saw the mug. The funny mug I assumed dad had lost.

I picked it up and examined it, flipping it upside down.

With a lot of mixed emotions, I put the mug back down on the table and started at it

I kept my hand on it.

Why is this down here?

Maybe it's because he actually cares enough about me to actually want some sort of memory of me with him.

No.

If he really loved me, he would spend time with me.

He would take the time to get to know me.

Maybe realise I'm actually left-handed while he's at it.

Maybe he'll notice how good I've gotten at baseball.

Maybe he'll realise that I have real genuine feelings for someone and could do with some fatherly guidance on how to deal with it instead of me having to ask a fourteen-year-old boy for dating advice.

Maybe he'll realise I need his help growing up.

Maybe he'll realise I need him.

Before I knew what I was doing, I had powered up my HUD and thrown the mug against the wall, causing it to smash

I stared at the wall, shocked by my own actions.

What have I just done?

"Uhh..."
I looked down at my arm in disbelief.

Y/N came running over.

"You okay?? What happened? I heard something break. Are you hurt? I told you to be careful!"

She grabbed my face checking it for injuries.

"What?"
I said, momentarily forgetting what had happened, surprised by her sudden appearance.

I ripped myself from her grasp
Turning around and rubbing my eye, pretending nothing had happened.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine! Just uh... Ready to get out of here."

Y/N clearly did not believe me.
"Right, 'cause it kinda looks like you broke something."

She said, looking at all of the fragments of pottery lying on the floor.

"Yeah, I- I uh guess I don't know my own strength."

I said, pointing at my wrist where the gadget was, trying to draw attention away from the broken mug.

~3rd Person POV~

Lizzy was sitting on an exercise bike and pushing the handles back and forth, causing her hair to blow around her face as she looked into the camera lens of her phone while it played 'flamingo'.

Berger cautiously approached, attempting to grasp her attention.

"Hey. Now that we're alone, I just wanted you to know that I've been picking up on your signal..."
He tried to grab one of the handles, only to be yanked forward.
Lizzy was looking up at him by now, confused.
"And.."

"What?"
Asked Lizzy, not understanding.

Berger, ignoring her, said
"Yes. I would love to go to the dance with you."

Lizzy, finally understanding, awkwardly smiled and said

"Aww... Thank you!... For the completely random and utterly last-minute offer, Berger. Truly. But. I already have a date."

Berger, downtrodden asked
"Who?"

"An older guy, more my speed."
Lizzy hastily replied, hoping to avoid further questioning.
"You're a little young for me."
She finished, patting his arm and walking away.

Berger was left utterly confused.
"But we're the same age..."

~Charlie POV~

"Guys, we gotta put everything back where we found it. Nobody can know we were in here."
I announced, hoping to leave as soon as possible.

"You know, we have that test tomorrow anyway."
Piped up Y/N from the corner. I don't know what she was doing, but her voice still sounded concerned from earlier.
I really want to explain it to her, but honestly, I don't really get it myself.

"You know, that class was so easy, I wish I could take it for you."
Said Lizzy, from the chair in front of the couch, spinning one of the portal rings.

"About that..."
Y/N came over and sort of vaulted over the top of the couch into a sitting position.

That looked badass, I'm gonna have to try that later.

"I kind of have a crazy idea."
She stated.
She looked off to the side and continued.
"A covert mission."

A/N: Please go and check the 'quick question part- I need people to decide which cover they like best because I'm choosing tomorrow.