Mausoleum

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

The storm was loud and stricken with lightning outside. It made Tyla a bit nervous as she scrolled through one of the project budget reports that Lex had spearheaded. It was taxing. The email didn't bear good news. She frowned and looked over at the bouquet of flowers that sat at the corner of her desk. The lavender was plenty and the note sent with it rested nicely at the base of the vase. "A gentle reminder of how much I love you, L." Tyla smiled at the note and then logged off from the computer. At least, she could come home to him. He was gone to National City to pick up her father and brother. They would have arrived back home by now. Unless her father demanded a visit or Oren wanted more business advice about how to exploit the billionaire more. 

Lightning flashed, instantly followed by a loud boom of thunder. Tyla flinched. The lights in the building then shut off. "Oh great," she mumbled as she picked up her purse. Then, her phone started to ring. "Nevin," she answered.

It was Edwards, her limo driver. "Miss Nevin, are you alright? That lightning bolt hit awfully close to your window."

She relaxed a bit. "Yes, I'm fine. The power went out is all." She would have to take the stairs all the way to the plaza which.... was not ideal. Maybe she could use her powers to jet herself down. She was starting to get good at it. She managed to train with Lex just enough that she could now hover. "I was on my way out."

"I'll ready the car and alert Mr. Luthor that you are on your way."

Tyla frowned. She felt like she was being watched as she locked up her office. She turned around only to find that there was no one there. "Yeah.... you do that," she mumbled as she hung up. She walked down the hall and passed the elevators. Suddenly, the lights came back on, but a faint hum was heard. It was the emergency lights which still left shadows gloom over the area. From the corner of her eye, she saw some of the shadows move towards the left. She turned again, nerves rising to the back of her neck.

Immediately, she turned around and ran to the elevator. She pressed the button several times as if it would come quicker. Something was here. She steadied herself, trying to find the phone in her purse. But the ding of the elevator made her jump. She looked back; the air seemed calm. She blew out a breath and then walked in. But as she turned around, there was a girl facing her. She was crying. She looked like a blur; her wrists were cut. "Help me," she said.

She let out a scream, just around the same time that Tyla had done the same.

It was almost an hour when Edwards found her in the elevator, hunched into a corner and shaken. She kept whispering "help me" with her arms outstretched and cut wrists. The blood fresh.

******

Clark came as soon as he heard. Metropolis hospital was already bustling. The pouring rain made it harder for people to maneuver home. It was a mess. The thunderstorm turned into a windstorm and soon flooding happened. He simply sped over, stopping as he turned the corner. There stood Lex with Tyla's father and brother with a man that he had never seen before.

"Lex," he shouted. "What happened? Where's Tyla? Is she alright?"

"How did you get here?" Lex turned, shocked at the man's arrival.