Shatter

A/N: I don't own Smallville or any characters and places in the DC universe. Nor do I own the episodes that these chapters are based on and contained from.

I also don't claim to be a writer. My inspiration is simply to get a creative outlet going.

I only own Tyla Nevin and what pertains to her character story.

____________________________________________________________

"It's been a busy month for Lex Luthor. Shortly after announcing his candidacy to run for senate, it seems like now he will be hitched to his partner at LuthorCorp, Tyla Nevin. The couple were spotted at the fully reserved 2-Michelin Star restaurant, Frantzen in Sweden with all but smiles. Curiouser and curiouser was that she was wearing a ring. Now his competition suspects that this may be a strategic ploy considering that the former Crises Manager at Spheer Industries has moved up the ranks through LuthorCorp from Public Relations Agent to a partner with a seat on the board. No word from Tyla as to whether she has a hand in the campaign or if s-"

Lex turned the TV off and faced his advisors. "Find something more humbling," He demanded as he turned to toss the television converter on the desk. He leaned against his desk and crossed his arms. He looked over the campaign manager's shoulder to see Clark appear in his study. "And fix this for her. I'm not having them smear her name like that." 

"Alright," said the campaign manager.

"Yes sir," the other advisor nodded briskly and walked with the manager, leaving the two men alone in the study.

Clark watched before he took a step forward to meet with Lex. "I just wanna say thank you about the other day and...uh...congratulations are in order," he had heard from Tyla. However, he was met with Lex and not his friend.

Lex ignored his congratulations. He knew fully well that he was happy for Tyla and not for him. "You know when I asked you to stay out of trouble I kinda thought that might include, ah...being caught underage at a strip club using my membership while I'm gearing up for a political campaign," he replied, instead.

"I didn't mean to drag you into this."

"Come on, Clark, who are you kidding? You had me masterminding this whole Jennings plot before you walked through those doors." Even with their differences, he hoped that Clark would have known differently. Tyla did. Tyla had him assure her that he wouldn't sway into political corruption as many people in office did.

"I didn't think he was lying to me."

"But you assumed I would." There was a silence between them. One that caused Lex to nod and bury his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

Clark looked down. "I can't believe that I looked up to Jack. Lots of people shield me from things and I don't know if I can trust that. I didn't even know that Tyla even knew of that club...." It made Clark wonder if she had to bail out Lex more than once in that situation.

His former friend raised an eyebrow. He could tell that Clark was heartbroken at the fact that Tyla knew about the club.  Lex glanced down and smiled, walking over to the couch to sit. "Tell me what you remember about King David. Humor me."

"King David, you know, slew Goliath, saved his people." Clark curtly said in confusion. However, he joined Lex and sat across from him.

"And afterward he saw a beautiful woman bathing and fell madly in love. Problem was, she turned out to be his best friend's wife. So you know what our great hero did? He sent his best friend off to die in battle so he could have her to himself." Lex added.

Clark gave a look of defeat. Was this Lex trying to tell him to back off? He tried to brush off the judging looks that the billionaire was giving him. "Kind of leave that part out, don't they?" He asked.