The Unexpected Part 2

Nicholas's POV

I walked and walked until I was at the edge of the Falls. It was dark and windy out. I just stood there thinking how much I sewed up my life. Not that Hannah and the baby have, but I guess  this was the price I had to pay; it's a lessoned learned and I learned the hard way. Last night was the most was the worst feeling her ripped from my soul. I knew it was enviable, but I didn't know it would bother me so much. I couldn't sleep all I could think about was my mate, my true mate was in the arms of another man… my beta at that.

It hurt me to know that I was putting all this focus on Alexa that I missed so much with Hannah. I missed the sonogram appointment. I haven't had a chance to sit down and talk with her... Yet she's still there dealing with me and all my issues. I love her for that she's a good mate and I need to put all my attention to her and the baby. It was a shocker to find out Alexa was carrying Nate's baby. It literally knocked all the air out of me. I needed time to process what I’d just heard. I was upset yes, but I couldn't be mad she's no longer mine, and to be quite honest I don't think she ever was I could see it in her eyes the moment we saw each other that I broke her heart into so many pieces I couldn't ever put them back together. I had lost her that night I need to move on and get out of this funk. I have a family and a pack that needs me.

"How you holding up?" I turned to see Hannah she was standing a few steps away trying to cover herself from the chill outside. Her beautiful blond curls blowing in the wind. I looked into her eyes you could see the sadness I have caused. She stood nervously away from me and that's probably my fault. I've been so distant with her she's probably afraid of my reaction. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She snaked her arms around my waist and hugged me like her life depended on it. I kissed the top of her head inhaling her sent my wolf relaxed.

"Hannah... I'm sorry for everything I've done to you and the baby. I'm sorry for being so distant from you... I was just so confused I didn't know what I wanted I had mixed emotions running through me... But I want you to know through all of that my love for you has always stayed the same." I said cupping her face in my hand as tears rolled down her face. I kissed them away. Then brought my lips to hers the kiss brought a spark that I was missing that I needed my wolf was connecting with her once more.

I broke the kiss and bent on my knees so that I was eye level with her rounded belly. That was now much bigger than before. I placed my hands around her belly and kissed it. "I'm sorry my little pup... Your dad has not been the best in the passed few weeks, but I promise from her on out it's you, me and mommy forever." I gasped when I felt a strong kick on my hand. I looked up a Hannah who smiling. "Yeah he’s been doing that for a while now, but he usually like kicking on my bladder." She said my eyes widen. "A boy..." I whispered.

"Yes... Nicholas we are having a little boy!" She yelled happily as I stood up and she wrapped her arms around me. I laughed twirling her around my first born pup was a boy. "Thank you Hannah for everything, for the baby and for taking care of yourself when I wasn't there too." I said guiltily. She stared at me reached up and placed a kiss on my lips. "It's a new beginning Nick... Let’s go back and have a good dinner with our friends." I nodded and followed her back. I was going to be okay... Things could be worst I now realize I have everything I need to be happy right here in the palm of my hands.

As we walked in the house you could feel the tension in the room. All eyes went from me to Nate and Alexa everyone in the room knew the truth about us. I took in a breath and pulled Hannah in my arms. I looked around the room and did what I should have did a long time ago.

"I just want to apologize to all of you... Being an Alpha calls for respect and honesty and I failed on that. I truly am sorry. Use are like my family and I only hope we can move forward and start new... What do you say Nate, Alexa?" I looked at my best friend and his mate who smiled picked up wine glasses from the table and passed Hannah and I one, I quickly replaced Hannahs drink with a glass of water. I looked back to Nate who nodded. "To new beginning!" He said as everyone raised their glass and repeated the words.