But Lauren always remembered her friend and first crush. She kept the photos and other mementos in a safe place, hoping to meet Elliot again and confess her feelings. Even though she gets flustered just thinking about him, she vows to build the courage to tell him her true feelings.

Lauren met the Bureau after they had found her bag at the pizza place the victim had visited before his death. She had joined Rosarie on his trip to Melbourne, and the two had visited the restaurant for lunch, where she accidentally left her bag under her seat. But when Carmen and Jack questioned her for the first time, she claimed to have no clue who the victim was.

But her lie was revealed after Carmen and Jack found a surveillance photo the victim had taken of Lauren and her fathers. She confessed to having met the victim when he approached her about joining a special youth program for U.N.I.T, but Lauren refused to join the spy agency after Rosarie told her the program was fake. But Nicolas wouldn't take no for an answer and began stalking Lauren and her family, trying to convince her to join. Lauren threatened the victim in an attempt to get him to leave her alone, but ultimately, she was found innocent.

After closing the investigation, Rosarie approached the team with his concerns about Lauren. He said that she had been acting strange since the case and didn't know what caused the change in the young woman. After finding her notebook filled with doodles about her crush, Jack and Rosarie helped the teen confess her feelings to Elliot.

To Lauren's delight, Elliot returned her feelings and accepted her date offer, so the two went out for ice cream. But their date got cut short after the team discovered a SOMBRA threat against the Bureau and their families in the area.

After the threat had been dealt with, it came time for the Bureau to leave for Sydney. Lauren saw her boyfriend and his team off from the docks, with Elliot promising to message when he could. Lauren knows that long-distance relationships can be challenging, but she's confident that she and Elliot will make it work.

And besides, since Dupont said he will start consulting Rosarie more since he now knows the historian has a bright young protege helping him, Lauren is sure she'll get to see the Bureau and Elliot often.

Which she did just a couple of months later when she and Rosarie assisted the Bureau in solving a murder in Concordia. And while she enjoyed being assistant historian for a day, she also had fun helping Elliot with his work and spending time with him. They even had enough time to go on a date and make up for their first one, which got cut short in Australia. Lauren was sad to see Elloit and the Bureau leave, but she and her boyfriend texted daily, so there was little chance for them to truly miss each other.

And when SOMBRA was finally defeated, Lauren got to see Elliot again to celebrate with him, the Bureau, their friends, and their families. She also got to meet Elliot's parents and sisters, whom she had been looking forward to meeting since she and Elliot got together. However, she was heartbroken to learn Dupont had died in the final battle. He had taught her so much about history since they met, and she couldn't believe she would never get the chance to work with him again. But she knows he wouldn't want her to get lost in her grief and to continue pursuing her passion. While doing that, she will ensure that she preserves Dupont's amazing legacy so that the whole world knows what he did to help save it.

Organization(s)

The Bureau (disbanded)

Rank: Assistant History Consultant

Story Information

First appeared: United in Ashes

Trivia

* Like Eliza and Esther Clayton, Lauren was designed by BF_1352. Lauren was the first OC BF_1352 suggested for my story, and I'm so happy I could use her!

* She's a Pisces

* Her charm bracelet was made when she and Elliot were friends at boarding school. She began wearing it again after they started dating

* Trivia by BF_1352:

     * Lauren is sometimes sassy

     * She likes to cheer others up

     * Her personality is a mix of Poppy from Trolls, Marinette from Miraculous Ladybug, and Lagoona from Monster High; quirky yet smart all the same

     * She likes learning about technology since she finds it interesting

     * She and Elliot knew each other when they were younger, and Lauran gets flustered easily around him

     * She and Elliot are polar opposites, but "opposites attract." They have some things in common, tho

     * She dyed part of her hair red; the blonde streaks are natural

     * She is a reference to Laura Bailey, by name

Gallery

A full-body drawing of Lauren Bailey by BF_1352