Book 2 Ch 5: Annus Sabah Nur, Guardian of Peace

Start from the beginning

"Come with me, let me show you who you should be trying to befriend

"Come with me, let me show you who you should be trying to befriend."  The Monk said, walking away.

The two got to the wall that separated the beasts from the villages.  The Monk looked around to see if anyone was watching, and once he saw they were alone, he grabbed hold of Annus and used his Airbending to jump the wall, putting Annus into shock.

"H-How did you do that?  You carried my metal boned body as well as your own with Airbending!  It's not supposed to be that strong!"  Annus shouted in shock, causing the old man to chuckle.

"These beautiful creatures are to thank."  The man chuckled, pointing to all the giants and dragons walking around the destroyed areas.

Annus was frozen in shock, as this was the first time he was actually seeing the beasts in person.  He was almost about to activated his powers, when he was stopped by the Monk.

"There is no need to feel fear.  They see that you are with me, so they will not attack you."  The man said, walking towards the giant cave on the far side of the battle field.

On their way to the cave, Annus decided to ask some questions.

"So, what name do you go by?"  Annus asked the Monk.

"My name is Sotsu.  I am the brother of the Leading Monk of the First Village of Air."  The Monk named Sotsu introduced himself.

"Well it's nice to meet you Sotsu.  And as for the beasts, preferably the Dragons, why don't they just fly over the walls?"  Annus asked.

"That's a question that not even I know the answer to.  There are theories.  There might be a force that is preventing them from doing so, which might explain why it takes so long for them to break through the walls.  Or, it might be out of pity for the other villages, to give them a false sense of having a chance to win."  Sotsu said, stopping in front of the Cave.

"We are here."  Sotsu said.

"Where is here?"  Annus asked the Monk.

"Do you want to kill these beasts?"  Sotsu asked Annus.

"No, I don't want to hurt anyone, but I want to put an end to this war."  Annus said with determination.

"Then we must venture into the cave and speak with the king."  Sotsu said, walking inside, to which Annus followed.

After some time walking through the dark cave, they made their way into a bright glowing room, where a giant dragon was sleeping.  The Dragon smelled something unfamiliar, and woke up immediately.  He looked around looking for the source of the smell, until his eyes fell upon Annus.

"You.  Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

"Zaydag, this is Annus.  This was the boy that was created to kill you and your underlings."  Sotsu exclaimed.