Book 1 Ch 14: The Final Showdown

"I was prepared to deal with Sato's Mecha-Tanks, but not these new High-Speed Aircraft."  Iroh said as Korra healed his arm.

"I know.  Every time we think we have an advantage, Amon outsmarts us."  Korra said.

"No matter what our plan is, he always has a better one."  Bolin said.

"Amon is winning so far, but we're not out of the fight just yet."  Iroh said, returning Bolin's energy.

"I like this man's confidence.  So, how are we not out of the fight?"  Bolin asked as Iroh stood up.

"A second wave of reinforcements is on the way, but I need to warn them.  Y/N said you guys had a way to get a message out."  Iroh said, to which Y/N nodded.

"We've got you covered.  Come with me."  Y/N said to the group.

"And who is the recipient of this top secret message my friend?"  Gommu asked Y/N, setting up his Telegraph.

"My Uncle, Commander Bumi.  Seconds Division of the United Forces."  Y/N said, to which Iroh nodded.

"Tenzin's brother?"  Korra asked.

"Yes.  A bit of a wild man.  But the bravest commander you'll ever meet."  Iroh said, to which Y/N would recall the good times he had with him.

"Ready Sir!"  Gommu said, ready to send the message.

"Fleet ambushed and destroyed by Equalist  Aircraft.  Retreat to Red Sand Island until my signal.  Do not approach City until you receive the All-Clear."  Iroh said, as Gommu sent the message.

"Now comes the hard part."  Iroh said, laying out a map.

"We need to ground those Aircraft.  Otherwise, Bumi's fleet will never be able to retake the city."  Iroh said as Mako approached the map.

"They flew in from this direction.  The Airfield must be somewhere over this mountain range."  Mako said, pointing to the mountain.

"Ruining that beautiful part of land with their evil weapons.  I'm gonna enjoy watching that place get destroyed."  Y/N said with a smile, to which Iroh nodded.

"Everyone get ready.  We leave at dawn."  Iroh said, as everyone started walking outside.

"It's time to take down my father."  Asami said, to which Y/N nodded as he picked up Alisa.

"It's time to take them all down."  Y/N said with determination, as Asami smile in agreement.

As they were all walking out, Korra stopped and looked at the group for a few seconds, and began speaking.

"Wait.  I'm sorry, but I'm not going with you tomorrow."  Korra said, to everyone's surprise.

"What?"  Mako asked.

"Why not?"  Asami asked.

"I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon.  It's time face him."  Korra said with an angry expression.

"That's not a good plan.  We need to stick together."  Iroh said walking forward.

"I'm not waiting for him to hunt me down.  My guts telling me it's time to end it this time.  On my terms."  Korra said, showing no sign of changing her mind.

"Korra, this is not a mission you should be handling alone."  Iroh said.

"She won't be.  I'm going with you."  Mako said, walking forward.

"You don't have to do that."  Korra said.

"Yes, I do."  Mako said, confusing Y/N.

'Make up your mind already!  I'm so confused!  Is it Asami or Korra!  Pick one and work with it!'  Y/N internally screamed, making Alisa flinch.