Book 2 Ch 5: Annus Sabah Nur, Guardian of Peace

En Sabah Nur started creation of the new weapon he would use to defeat the dragons.  But this wasn't just any weapon, as it wasn't a weapon to wield, but a weapon to lead.  This would be a living person.  En Sabah Nur created a husk in the shape of a human body using his Matter Manipulation.  Afterwards, he began adding components to make this person stronger than the average human.

"Bones of Metal.  Blood of a Giant.  Heart of a Dragon.  And a Mutation of your own.  I command you to come out of your sleeping state, and defeat those who threaten the world because of our mistakes."  En Sabah Nur called, caused the eyes of the husk to glow.  

After a few moments of glowing, the dry, cracking husk skin began to heal and smoothen itself out.  The new beings fingers began to twitch, followed by his eyes, and his legs, and then his arms.  Moments later, the twitching stopped, and his eyes shot open.  En Sabah Nur smiled at his creation, looking at the new being looking around, seemingly trying to say something.  En Sabah Nur looked down at him with happy pity, like a father looking at his new born child trying to stand up.

"Stand my child, stand.  You have much to learn before you can speak what is on your mind."  En Sabah Nur said, helping his son off the ground.

"W-What is me?"  The being asked, surprising En Sabah Nur.

"You just spoke."  He said in a surprised tone.

"What . . . am I?"  The being asked in a more accurate sentence, making En Sabah Nur smile more.

"You are a blessing my child.  And your name is . . . Annus.  For in a year from now, you will be the one to have saved the world from the beasts that threaten the humans.  Henceforth, you shall be known as Annus, Guardian of Peace."  En Sabah Nur smiled.

And so, with a father, a name, a title, and a goal set in stone, Annus began his training.  He was capable of learning anything at accelerated speeds.  If someone came up with a new language, Annus would be capable of learning it before even the creator of said language could.  His fighting skills and use of his mutations were of exception.  He became a highly respected being in months.  But with this high respect, came high hopes.  He had the responsibility to slay the monsters that were the cause of his birth.  And once those creatures were dead, he would only have fame for a few years, and once that was over, he would be nothing more than a relic of the past.  This became a more and more terrible drawback of his heightened ability of learning.  His ability to learn things became so powerful, that he could practically tell the future just by looking at a few small patterns from the past.  And so, he began jeopardizing the future his father and the people gave him.  During training, he was put against small creatures that had been captured, and he would test his skill on them.  Instead of training himself to kill, he trained himself to befriend.

This never caught the attention of the people, but it did catch the attention of one man.

"So.  You're the one they call Annus.  More like three months."  An old Monk of the Village of Air said, approaching the boy who was training.

"You are of the Village of Air.  Why would you endanger yourself coming down here?"  Annus asked in a worrisome tone.

"I am in such danger.  The beasts know me personally.  I am on good terms with them.  You on the other hand.  Have you ever met one of the REAL beasts?  Not the little ones you trained on."  The Monk asked.

"No.  Father did not want me to take the risk of them learning the plan."  Annus said to him.

"I see.  So you are preparing to befriend an enemy that you have never met before?"  The Monk asked, surprising Y/N.

"I-I'm not trying to befriend them, this is me training to kill."  He said in a defensive voice.

"Kid, I'm an Air Village Monk.  I know the difference between befriending and killing.  And I'll tell you this, you won't get far while trying to befriend those things."  The Monk said, pointing to four small turtles.