21

"(M/n) wake up! Someone left you a temporary gift!"

You squinted, looking up at the ceiling.

Having been rudely woken up by the loud banging on your door was certainly not welcomed.

"What does temporary gift mean?! Do I give it back?!" You yelled out in irritation. Your sibling sighed. "Aki left you something. I have somewhere to go, so go tend to it now!"

"Tend to...a gift?" You muttered to yourself as you sat up, dismissing any lingering drowsiness. Your sibling's footsteps grew fainter as they left shortly.

Strange.

Groggily making your way downstairs, you saw a dual colored cage, scuffling heard inside. You furrowed your brows. "Wait..."

You could only pause upon the sounds of soft mewls.

- - -

"Meow."

You buried your face in your palm as you sighed. "Damn, I didn't think I'd be cat sitting this weekend."

Apparently, Aki had asked your sibling to inform you that she would be lending you her cats while she and her husband go on their honeymoon. And your dumbass sibling conveniently had somewhere to go as you lamented your current situation.

So now you were stuck in the house, alone. Cat sitting two kittens without prior notice.

How delightful.

You lifted one by holding it below the arms. It didn't squirm, meowing. The other kitten sat on your lap, nuzzling itself closer to you as he purred.

Your phone rang. Looking over, you saw Asmo's contact.

You pressed the answer button.

"Ya-hoo~ (N/n), my love?"

"Need anything, Asmo?"