11

The next time you woke up, it was nearly nighttime, judging by the lack of sunlight from your window.

Your head didn't feel as heavy and hot as it did earlier. Your blanket was still covering you. Something heavy was behind you.

Shuffling to turn around on your bed, you were met by a curled up Asmodeus, sleeping peacefully. He was covered by the blanket as well.

If you didn't know better, you'd have thought he was nuzzling himself into your back earlier.

Taking a quick glance at your phone, it read 8:27 PM.

You weren't exactly too keen on the idea of having him stay overnight.

Although you felt slightly guilty for doing so, you woke Asmo up and told him to go home. After countless assurance that you were now indeed fine, he finally budged.

- - -

As Asmodeus waved at you as he proceeded to walk out the path, the two of you caught sight of a familiar person.

Your sibling smiled at Asmo. "Ah, you're leaving already? Wouldn't you like to stay for dinner since you took care of (M/n)?"

"I'd love to." Asmo smiled charmingly. "But I'm afraid tonight might not be a good time. I have to head home soon."

Asmo then waved his hand once more, turning to your direction. His grin grew broader, more genuine. "I'll see you tomorrow, (M/n)! I'll miss you!"

Your eye twitched upon the last sentence.

He wasn't even gone, and yet he was so proud to say such things already.

Your sibling laughed at Asmo's antics before waving goodbye at the male as he departed.

You opened the door wider for your sibling as they walked inside. They took off their shoes as you moved towards the kitchen, presumably to prepare for dinner.

"I see you look fine now. I take it Asmo did a great job of taking care of you?"

"It didn't really matter. I would've been fine without him either way."

"I didn't think you'd be this stubborn to deny. Did you even thank him for doing all of this?"

"..."

"Of course, you didn't." Your sibling sighed at your lack of response, knowing damn well.

You proceeded to ignore their stare as you continued to make preparations for dinner. Your sibling sat on the chair to rest temporarily.