𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 6: 𝓝𝓸 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓹𝓲𝓭 𝓑𝓸𝔂𝓼

They had the first quidditch match coming up. Addy had been to Hogsmeade with Charlotte on the 1st of November and with Sky on the 2nd of November. The quidditch match was on the 3rd and Addy was worried about Ron. He had been nervous all week and only forgot about it on the 31st of October.

Flashback:

Quidditch Training

Dean was substituting Katie after what had happened in Hogsmeade.

Training that night went surprisingly well. Harry had no reason to regret his choice once he saw Dean fly that evening; he worked well with Ginny and Addy. The beaters, Peakes and Coote, were getting better every practice they had. The only problem was Ron.

Harry and Addy knew all along that Ron was an incosistent player who suffered from nerves and a lack of confidence, and unfortunately, the looming prospect of the opening game of the season seemed to have brought out all his old insecurities. After letting in half a dozen goals, most of them scored by Addy, his technique became wilder and wilder, until he finally punched Addy in the mouth.

"It was an accident, I'm sorry, Addy, really sorry!" Ron shouted after her as Addy zigzagged back to the ground, dripping blood everywhere. "I just-"

"Panicked," Ginny said angrily, landing next to Addy and examining her fat lip. "You prat, Ron, look at the state of her!"

"I can fix that," said Harry, landing next to them, pointing his wand at Addy's mouth and saying, "Episkey."

"And Ginny, don't call Ron a prat, You're not the captain of this team."

"Well, you seemed too busy to call him a prat and I thought someone should."

Addy saw Harry force himself not to laugh.

"In the air, everyone, let's go..." Harry shouted across the pitch.

"Thanks, Harry." Addy said and he flashed a small smile at her.

Overall it was one of the worst practices they had had all term, though Harry did not feel that honesty was the best policy when they were this close to the match.

"Good work, everyone, I think we'll flatten Slytherin," he said bracingly, and Dean, Ginny and the Beaters left the changing room looking reasonably happy with themselves.

"I played like a sack of dragon dung." said Ron in a hollow voice when the door had swung shut behind Ginny.

"No, you didn't," said Harry firmly. "You're the best keeper I tried out, Ron. Your only problem is nerves."

Harry kept up his relentless flow of encouragement all the way back to the castle, and by the time we reached the second floor, Ron was looking marginally more cheerful. When Harry pushed open the tapestry to take their usual shortcut up to Gryffindor tower, however, they found themselves looking at Dean and Ginny, who were locked in a close embrace and kissing fiercely as though glued together.

Addy was fighting back the urge to burst out laughing. Addy could tell Harry was mad and it was just hilarious all together. Wrestling with this sudden madness, they heard Ron's voice as though from a great distance away.

"Oi!"

Dean and Ginny broke apart rather abruptly and looked around. 

"What?" said Ginny.

"I don't want to find my own sister snogging people in public!"

"This was a deserted corridor till you came butting in!" said Ginny.

Dean was stood next to Ginny staring at the floor and looked rather awkward.

"Er... c'mon, Ginny," said Dean, "let's go back to the common room..."