𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 4: 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷

"You know, I think Snape is gonna ruin my favourite lesson." Addy said as Sky, Charlotte, Parvati, Lavender and Addy sat down for breakfast the next morning.

"I don't think we should talk about lessons first thing in the morning. I'm to tired for that." Sky said, dropping her head onto the table.

"It was your brilliant idea to drink half a bottle of whiskey last night before bed." Charlotte said a little to loudly.

"Anyway, Addy are you the Captain of the quidditch team?" Parvati asked.

"Umm... No, Harry is but he'll definitely let me on the team."

Professor McGonagall started coming round the sixth years after giving everyone else their timetable.

The five of the girls sat and listened to McGonagall talking to the other Gryffindor's.

Hermione was immediately cleared to continue with Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Herbology, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, and Potions, and shot off to a first period Ancient Runes class without further ado. Neville took a little longer to sort out; his round face was anxious as Professor McGonagall looked down his application and then consulted his O. W. L. results.

"Herbology, fine," she said. "Professor Sprout will be delighted to see you back with an 'Outstanding' O. W. L. And you qualify for Defense Against the Dark Arts with 'Exceeds Expectations. ' But the problem is Transfiguration. I'm sorry, Longbottom, but an 'Acceptable' really isn't good enough to continue to N. E. W. T. level. Just don't think you'd be able to cope with the coursework. "

Neville hung his head. Professor McGonagall peered at him through her square spectacles.

"Why do you want to continue with Transfiguration, anyway? I've never had the impression that you particularly enjoyed it. "

Neville looked miserable and muttered something about "my grandmother wants. "

"Hmph," snorted Professot McGonagall. "It's high time your grandmother learned to be proud of the grandson she's got, rather than the one she thinks she ought to have--particularly after what happened at the Ministry. "

Neville turned very pink and blinked confusedly; Professor McGonagall had never paid him a compliment before.

"I'm sorry, Longbottom, but I cannot let you into my N. E. W. T. class. I see that you have an 'Exceeds Expectations' in Charm however--why not try for a N. E. W. T. in Charms?"

"My grandmother thinks Charms is a soft option," mumbled Neville.

"Take Charms," said Professor McGonagall, "and I shall drop Augusta a line reminding her that just because she failed her Charms O. W. L. , the subject is not necessarily worthless. " Smiling slightly at the look of delighted incredulity on Neville's face, Professor McGonagall tapped a blank schedule with the tip of her wand and handed it, now carrying details of his new classes, to Neville.

Professor McGonagall turned next to Parvati, whose first question was whether Firenze, the handsome centaur, was still teaching Divination.

"He and Professor Trelawney are dividing classes between them this year," said Professor McGonagall, a hint of disapproval in her voice; it was common knowledge that she despised the subject of Divination. "The sixth year is being taken by Professor Trelawney."

Parvati set off for Divination five minutes later looking slightly crestfallen.

"So, Tonks, Tonks. . . " said Professor McGonagall, consulting her notes as she turned to Addy. "Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration . . . all fine. I must say, I was pleased with your Transfiguration mark, Tonks, very pleased. Now, why haven't you applied to continue with Potions? I thought it was your ambition to become an Auror?"