Chapter 4

"Hurry up Ethan!" Elijah exclaimed. "She's driving me nuts." He whispered the last part.

Ethan stood in the study room looking down at the book Denis had snatched away from him.

He looked around and towards the doorway that swung wide open. He had to push really hard to get that door open.

The doorknob was taken clean off.

Ethan felt like there was something that Denis wanted to hide away from him. He grabbed the book and walked out, trying the put the door back the way it was.

He took off down the steps of the porch and caught up with Elijah and Finley. She looked over at Ethan. "What is that?" She grabbed it and pulled it away.

"Oh uh-"

She flipped through the pages and she frowned. "There's literally nothing in it." She handed it back. "Your scrapbook or what?"

Ethan raised his eyebrows. "What?" He opened up the book and it was filled with writing. "What do you mean? It's all filled."

Elijah looked over to the book which than had open. "Ethan there's nothing written." Elijah laughed. "What are you seeing?"

"But?"

"Anyways. Enough about that boring ass book, While everyone was off in the house I already was looking around the neighborhood-"

"I thought you 'dozed off on the bedroom' cause of your flight.." Elijah asked.

"I didn't want Denis to get upset at me so I just thought of something." Finely said gritting her teeth. "Let me finish."

Elijah walked slower and turned around sharing a look with Ethan. Ethan wasn't looking at Elijah he had his head down reading the pages.

"I saw this super creepy house right? Like there was like a humming noise coming off it and the door creaked open and shit.." Finley said, "but when I walked it the house was totally put together it was so weird."

"You went inside the creepy house?" Elijah asked.

"Yeah? There's hella cool stuff in there so we should just go there first." Finley said changing directions and walking away from the twins.

"Wait but-" Elijah sighed. "She is so stuck up it's not even funny. It's annoying as hell." He turned to Ethan looking for reassurance but Ethan didn't reply.

Ethan followed Finley, leaving Elijah behind standing in the street. "Come on." He closed the book.

As Finely lead them towards so called creepy house Elijah was trying to talk to Ethan but Ethan was thinking.

How could Finley and Elijah not see what he was seeing?

No writing

No weird drawings

Absolutely nothing.

They saw absolutely nothing.

Finley stopped suddenly and turned around smiling. "This is it." She raised her arms and did jazz hands.

Ethan looked up. The house looked completely run down. Staring at the building it almsot looked as if it were swaying or even.. breathing in a way. "How.. homey."

"I'm going in to grab more shit." Finley said turning back around and opening the gate which made a loud screeching noise.

Elijah and Ethan winced as Finley slowly opened the gate. When it stopped Elijah rubbed the sides of his head and followed after her mumbling to himself.