"Taehyung-ah, it's Kookie." He called out softly. Pretty sure the latter is not in himself right now. And the only safe way to approach him is to make him recognise Jungkook.

At that, something in Taehyung snapped. "Guk-ah" his voice raspy from crying, his hiccuping sobs stopped only to let the waterfall flow freely from his eyes as he whimpered slightly, crawling towards Jungkook and Jungkook knew better even in uncertainty what to do. He engulfed the other in a tight hug, letting Taehyung cry to his shoulder and babbling about things he didn't quite catch.

Yes, he was familiar with situations like this. Taehyung cried whenever something felt unbearable to him. He cried when he was too stressed regarding his father not understanding his sentiments and pushing through his limits, he cried when his pet died. Taehyung has cried to him before many times but it never had been like this. Not like this. So it freaked Jungkook the fuck out to see the other so devasted more to add right before his ring exchanging ceremony.

But no matter how bad things can get, he doesn't expect Taehyung to cry in the laundry room. Something is wrong, so badly but Jungkook isn't aware of what is that. So he didn't have any options other than coaxing Taehyung to tell him himself.

Jugkook softly patted the crying boy's styled suit, a gesture of comfort but it left the other feeling more vulnerable. Taehyung has had enough. He didn't want this. Neither of these. He didn't mean to end up in this situation. But it was unbearable. He thought he was strong enough to continue the act of the tough and rough player he is. But he can't. It's more than tough.

He couldn't breathe in the strings of lies he has set himself into. He can't destroy a woman's life who had no motive but to marry someone to keep her happy. But Taehyung can't. And that's the end. He has to end the cycle. His last straw of self-esteem is crushed, broken. And now that Jungkook found him, he's both relieved and scared. Scared to be exposed, to be hated, to be judged after hiding for so long. Scared he might be only left as someone disappointing. Scared to hurt Jungkook with the thornes after he made him sleep a bed of red rosy lies. So he clutched the hem of Jungkook's suit sleeves tighter, burrowing his face more as he cried harder.

Hoping the latter would know without asking. Hoping it's all just a nightmare, he would wake up and find himself just chilling with his best friend. Even with the facade of someone else, Taehyung was happy until he wasn't.

"Tae Tae," Jungkook spoke with his honeyed voice, "Tell me what's wrong? What happened, hm?" And there was silence. Long stretched silence, the only sound of their breath remains as Taehyung slowly pulled back, meeting Jungkook's eyes with his now red puffed up ones. Jungkook peered at the hazel brown eyes as Tarhyung stared at his, both trying to peek through each other souls, finding answers to the unspoken questions exchanged between them, at the same time both mirroring the ache of heartbreak and pain. Exposed and vulnerable in their own way.

The night was gloomy with the sky decorated in dark but lighted clouds, giving it a bluish glow. The moon was long gone, hiding behind them, with a faint try of lighting from behind the night clouds but failing rapidly. The wind was powerful, blowing with enough force to open up the laundry room's window with a little bit of faint try. A gust of cool air entered the room like wildfire, hitting them both right in the face, messing Taehyung's neatly styled curls falling in front of his eyes and Jungkook witnessed the slow but firm movement of the other's lips forming into a proper sentence that left Jungkook to gaze at his friend with something between surprise and confusion.

But as soon as the meaning behind his words sunk in deeper into his mind, Jungkook jolted backwards with a look of pure horror.

.
.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement to make."
.
.

"

.
.
.
.

To Be Continued
.
.
.