xxᴠ. sᴋᴜʟʟ ʀᴏᴄᴋ

Start from the beginning

"If I'm permitted to see silver lining in any of this end-of-the-world doom and gloom, it would be the rekindling of old flames that, frankly, never should've been snuffed out." Robin said out loud making Nancy looked back at her with a weird face. "I didn't mean that as a hint or anything." Robin lied.

"Okay." Savannah whispered with a chuckle at the same time Nancy said. "Right." With a roll of the eyes. "But if I did mean it as a hint, would that be so terrible ?" Robin questioned. "For me to wish for happiness for my friends?" Nancy scoffed. "You think I'm not happy?" She asked, turning to look at Robin.

"I.. I'm sure you are. It's just, the other day in the library, I mentioned Jonathan and you... you." Robin tried to find a word for it. "Winced.. flinched. Cringed." Savannah helped her. "Yeah, yeah. Something like—" "I didn't flinch or wince or cringe." Nancy cut Robin off.

"Okay."

"Jonathan and I are fine."

"Got it."

"We're good."

"Right." Nancy nodded. Savannah looked at the girl with a raised brown. "Nance, you sound like you're trying to convince yourself that." Nancy sighed, looking away from them. "Okay, okay. It's just.." She trailed off. "He was supposed to be here for the break, and then he backed out at the last minute for some vague, mumbly Jonathan reason." She revealed to them. "And, you know, to be honest, I'm not that surprised because I've been feeling him pulling away lately. And I don't know if it's because we're two thousand miles away or if he met someone new or what." Nancy told them. "And now I can't find out why because apparently he's blown up his family's house phone or something. So, yeah, if.. if the mention of his name caused a slight muscle spasm on my face, that's.. probably why." She trailed off.

Savannah smiled. "Wasn't that a nice thing to get off your chest?" She asked, bumping Nancy's side making the Wheeler girl chuckle a bit. "Seems like a perfectly reasonable reason to flinch, wince, cringe, or something." Nancy smiled, looking away from the two.

"You said, "the happiness of your friends." So does that make us friends?" Nancy asked, looking back at the two. "As in, officially?" She sounded hopeful. "Uh, yeah. I.. I mean, right?" Robin asked. "Right?" Savannah added, shrugging. Nancy smiled. "Right."

"Bada bing, bada boom. There she is Henderson." Steve yelled as he pushed through a patch of bushes. "Skull Rock. In your face, man. In your stupid, cocky little face." He insulted. "That doesn't make sense." Dustin muttered as him and Lucas came through the bush as well. "Yeah, yeah. Even with it staring you in the face, you can't admit it." Steve shrugged, placing a hand on his hip. "You just can't admit you're wrong, you little butthead."

"I concur." Eddie said as he jumped down from a tree. "You, Dustin Henderson, are a.." He took a deep breath in. "total butthead."

Jasper came out from behind Skull Rock. "Hey!" She yelled happily as she slowly walked down from atop the rock. "Jesus, we thought you guys were goners." Dustin said, first pulling Eddie into an unexpected hug then turning to Jasper and doing the same. "We most definitely did as well." She chuckled. As the rest of the Hawkins group arrived as well.

Savannah smiled seeing Jasper come into view, jogging over and hugging the Munson girl. "God, I was worried." She whispered. Jasper lightly hugged her back, watching Eddie wiggle his eyebrows at her and make a kissy face. Savannah then pulled away and coughed when seeing all eyes were on them. "I mean.. uh.. ahahah. We bought food."