Her hands holding that precious bow curled further around the soaked satin, eventually coming up to press the cherished trinket to her chest.

How was it that she could recall such memories in vivid detail when the touch of his hand ruffling her hair felt so foreign now? How could such bittersweet windows to the past now be filled with nothing more than longing and regret?

Those times had vanished with the wails of the wind, washed away by the endless rain.

What once had been the foundation of who she built herself upon had been torn away, now buried far and deep.

How blind she had been...

So utterly and completely blind.

The once clueless girl had learned the harsh truths of life and the world upon which they stood.

Tragedy didn't discriminate between those of character.

Whether you were good or bad, wise or foolish, strong or weak...you were not free from the clutches of despair.

She wished it had though. For she longed for something, someone to blame for this pain that would never heal.

Originally she did. She sought out revenge against those who had taken so much from her, from countless others who mourned for the dead.

The answers had been in her grasp until they weren't. Until she almost joined them in the bitter end.

Now, she was stuck in a limbo of action and wait. She couldn't act upon what she had uncovered and she couldn't stand to leave this crime unpunished.

But what was she to do?

What ever could she do to possibly sway those who were rooted firmly in their beliefs? Who viewed the very entity her brother had dawned as nothing more than a burden?

She was only one being.

One small, hopelessly naive being who wanted one last moment with the man who had once lit up the sky with her.

1

2

3

4-

*BANG*

Far too quick for her liking though, the thunder and lightning subsided, leaving only a sprinkle of rain once more. Internally, she begged it not to go, for the lightning to stay with her just a moment longer.

Just one more...

But it was no use. She knew it would not stay. Lightning was brief. So brilliantly brief in it's power and it's beauty. Before you could truly look at what shape it took, it was gone.

Slowly, she opened her eyes, allowing her gaze to roam back towards the horizon. The pattering of rain retained it's rhythm though, having lulled her into a trance of peace.

That trance was broken though when the door to the roof clicked open, the quiet sound now a cavernous echo in comparison and causing the girl to jump.

A tall blonde with blue eyes more gentle than usual stood there. In his arm, he held a towel.

Ah...he must've been worried for her. School had ended hours prior and she had failed to meet up with him on time.

Her phone had been left in her locker less it end up faulty under exposure to such a storm. She wouldn't have seen a single message from him concerning her whereabouts.

How foolish to make him worry over something so careless...especially in a time when danger lurked anywhere and everywhere.

Words of apology sat on her tongue but they never made it out.

Instead, he approached while shielded in a dome of glassy yellow, allowing her to phase through beside him. She was then wrapped up with the fluffy fabric and pulled into a sturdy embrace.

The warmth she had not known she was missing slowly seeped back into her.

It couldn't be helped that she latched back onto him with just as much force. Though it wasn't the lack of cold having her gripping onto him.

It was something more hallow. The absence of someone they both held so close yet they could no longer reach.

The cold that left them so alone had never really left, had it? They were always cold, though she tried not to let it show more than he.

But that didn't negate the anguish they felt regardless of how they expressed it.

They both mourned, they both grieved.

But the only anchor they had in such a situation was within each other. One knew the loss of a brother, the other knew the loss of a mentor and friend. And both knew the dangers of revenge.

Even as the rain continued to beat down just beyond the barrier encapsulating them, they remained where they were, forgetting their pain and loss underneath the remains of a fading storm.

End.