- Chapter Eleven -

Start from the beginning

The only reason I'm going is so people in our circle and world will know who Ashley Bliss belongs to.

"I don't know, I just don't fancy having to spend the weekend with my family," Hunter admits, despite him being capo of The West, he has people to take care of shit, and with no immediate threat recently, Hunter is seeing this as a vacation, of some sort. Whereas Nathan isn't capo just yet, he can party all day if he wishes. His families only wish is that he visits them in Boston once every two weeks— when he becomes capo, and marries to create an alliance, that is when he'll move back.

"That's a shame, I liked Elena," Nathan jokes and both Hunter and Luca sigh. "I'll be sure to tell her that," Hunter muttered as the car fell back into silence.

***

I don't know what I'm going to do— in a way, I should just leave it. Ashley didn't grow up in this world, she didn't know I was serious. However, I did warn her, and I always follow through with my word. If I didn't speak about it, she'd see my later warnings just that, a warning with no consequence. When in reality, everything you do in this world has a consequence.

As soon the elevator doors opened Ashley rushed past me and out into the apartment. I stepped out with every intention of following her. Before Ashley headed into the only corridor she paused, I too stopped in my tracks as the sound of the elevator doors close behind us. Ashley turned around to face me before she finally chose to speak, "I fucked up— I get, but I'm not sorry, I shouldn't have to be."

I admire her bravery, I adore the fire within her. "Okay," I simply say, Ashley scrunches her nose in confusion, "okay?" She asks, concern written across her face. "I do have one question though," I bait as I step towards her, Ashley doesn't take a step back, she doesn't cower. "Okay," she whispered a I stood a couple inches away from her, its tempting to touch her, in anyway, but I don't.

"What would you have done, if it weren't me but the paparazzi?" I questioned, Ashley stood silent, and it's clear to me that she had never even considered them. She went out into that alleyway with a man who wasn't her husband, and she didn't give it a second thought. If the paparazzi had found her, the story would have hit the tabloid an hour later, the news would have spread among my circle, and both my mother and brothers would have called me by the morning.

Something that's worse than marrying an outsider? Having your wife cheat on you, outside of some nightclub while you're inside— that's just fucking sad.

"They wouldn't have care," Ashley mumbled and I smirked as I glanced down at her. "Wouldn't they?" I taunt, "like you said, you're married to the biggest playboy of New York," I remind her of the obvious. Ashley peers up at me, her eyes wide as I speak the truth. It was clear Ashley wasn't thinking her decision through.

"Why did you chance it?" I ask and I already know her answer, "huh?" I bait as I edge closer towards her. Ashley peers up at me before speaking, "for a release— sue me," Ashley admitted in a sigh, see, fire. Ashley doesn't care that I'm one of the most powerful men in New York, she doesn't care that I could kill her in a heartbeat, we both know I wouldn't. But I could, and yet, Ashley still challenges me, she still talks back and shows attitude.

"If you wanted a release," I muttered as I brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "you could have asked your husband, after all," I lean closer, my lips brushing her ear, "it's my duty." I hear Ashley release a harsh breath just as my lips make contact with the side of her neck. "You know you want to, you never got the release earlier," I comment, as I pull away, my hand lands on her hip gently.

"Just beg for it," I say, Ashley shakes her head before scoffing, "I will never beg for a release from you," she states as I tighten my hold on her hip. "So, you're not turned on right now?" I ask with a smirk, Ashleys cheeks redden at my question. "Go to hell, Bliss," Ashley curses before slapping my hand away, "I'd rather die than ask you for a release," Ashleys eyes meet mine before she turns and heads to her bedroom.

It's obvious Ashleys attracted to me, but she knows the second she admits that— then she'd also have to rethink the divorce. In Ashleys mind fate brought me to her, but like I said— with enough power, you can control your fate, and make it your own.

***

"will you still be with me, when the magics over?"

"if only i knew what my heart was telling me."

***

The tension between Ashley and Kai is everything— you just know it'll hit different. Gotta love some angst and sexual chemistry. Like the chapters before if you enjoyed this, please do vote and comment, it allows the story to grow and reach more readers.

Also, recommending the book helps out a lot, so if you are enjoying it, please do suggest to others.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed it. Feel free to follow my Instagram if you want to message me or get updates on the upcoming chapters. multiverseeditsx

 multiverseeditsx

<3