Family Reunion

My chest burned as I rushed through the field

My chest burned as I rushed through the field. An endless loop of grass and hills were in my path, but I knew I was getting close when I heard shouts from ahead.

"Harry!" I yelled loudly, running even faster. Finally, I made it over a hill and saw Harry and Hermione bringing tossed around like rag dolls.

"Hermione! Harry!" I called loudly.

"Marley!" They shrieked. I realized that my body was shaking far too much for me to concentrate. So, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I said softly. When I looked up, I saw the two teens had been ripped from the trees grasp and hovered in the air.

Then, right before the tree went to grab them again, I rushed towards the entrance of the tree and gestured with my hands for them to follow.

Not knowing the strength of the pull, the two kids slammed into me, causing us all to fall harshly down the slide like tube.

The three of us sat on the ground for a second, groaning and rubbing and bruised limbs.

"Mione, are you alright?" I asked, sitting up and examining her body.

"Yeah, I'm alright. How did you know?" She asked. I looked at Harry who had a sheepish smile on his face.

"Someone called for help." I chuckled, standing to help the two up.

"Okay, what are we up against?" I asked.

"Ron's rat hit him so he chased after him-"

"-and he caught him right under the whomping willow before he got dragged in by the grim." They said quickly.

"Okay...so where does this lead?" I questioned.

"I have an idea. I just hope I'm wrong." Harry mumbled.

I decided to walk in front as we followed the footprints from the dog, while the two held onto my sleeves just in case.

Ron whimpered slightly from ahead and I lost control. I instantly rushed upstairs and busted through the door.

"Ron." I gasped, rushing to him.

"Marley, it's him! He's an animagus!" Ron cried, pointing behind me. Harry and Hermione finally caught up and stood next to me as we followed the dog prints turn into human foot prints.

Slowly then, the door opened, revealing the man that's been covering every inch of diagon alley for several months.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to get through me first." I said, pushing Harry behind me harshly. Ron stood up as well and covered the rest of Harry that my body didn't.

"Me too." He said confidently. Sirius looked at me and slightly twisted his head, seeming to scan my facial features.

"Only one will die tonight." Sirius whispered.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry yelled, pushing Sirius to the ground.

Hermione went to grab for him but I held her back.

"You're going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius asked with a laugh.

The door slammed open again and I saw Professor Lupin burst through before disarming Harry. He made the slight gesture for Harry to move to which the boy listened and came right into my arms.

"Well, well, Sirius looking rather ragged, aren't we. Finally the flesh reflects the madness within." He says holding his wand to the prisoner.

"Well, you know all about the madness within wouldn't you, Remus?" Lupin smiles and holds his hand to shake it.

"I found him! He's here. Let's kill him!" Sirius said excitedly.

"No!" I screamed. "I trusted you. All this time, you've been his friend." Lupin looked at me sadly.

"He's a werewolf. That's why he's been missing classes." Hermione adds.

"Wow, Miss granger. You really are the brightest witch in your class. How long have you known?" He asked.

"Since Professor Snape assigned the essay..." she said. I frowned and held onto Harry.

"Enough talk, Remus. Come on, let's kill him!"

"Just wait-"

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it..in Azkaban!" Sirius shouted.

"Harry at least deserves to know why." I added in.

Ron stumbled slightly so I wrapped my arms around his waist and led him back towards the bed. The ongoing conversation behind us gave me time to look at Ron's leg.

When I pulled his pant leg up, I heard him let out a hiss. My head instantly turned to look at him.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. He waved me off with a slight smile.

Before I could say anything else to Ron, Snape walked through.

"Revenge is so sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you." Snape said proudly.

"Severus..." Remus tried to reason.

"I told Dumbledore you're helping an old friend in the castle now, now here's proof."

"Brilliant, Severus. Once again, you put your keen and penetrating mind to a task and as usual you've come to the wrong conclusion. Now, if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to." Sirius walks towards Snape and he pushed the wand at his throat.

"Give me a reason. I beg you." Snape said.

"Severus, don't be a fool." Lupin soothed.

"He can't help it. It's habit by now." Sirius spit back.

"Sirius, be quiet."

"No, you be quiet!"

"Oh, listen to you two, quarreling like an old married couple."

"Why don't you run along and play with Your chemistry set!" Sirius spit, earning a jab of Snape's wand.

Harry pulled me towards him and wrapped a hand around my waist.

"I could do it, you know. But why deny the Dementor's? They're so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear? Oh yes, one can only imagine what that is like to endure. It's said to be nearly unbearable to witness, but I'll do my best."

I felt Harry pulling my wand from my back pocket but I grabbed it before he did and held it towards Snape.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted, sending Snape flying back into an old bed.

"Marley! You've attacked a teacher!" Hermione said.

"With a wand to, no doubt." Ron mumbled.

"You didn't need that on your Conscience." I said, turning to Harry. Harry squeezed my hand before turning to the two men left in front of us.

"Tell us about Peter Pettigrew." Harry said.