To New Friends

Edited:

"Stupid, rotten

"Stupid, rotten..." I struggled to carry my bag through the train as I searched for the trio in every compartment.

I knew I shouldn't have let them go ahead to find seats.

"Need any help?" I heard someone ask. Turning and seeing a pair of grey eyes staring back at me.

"Oh, Cedric! Hey. That would be nice." I chuckled, handing him my bag which he picked up with ease.

"Where are you off to?" He asked again.

"I'm trying to find my friends but I'm not having any luck." I sighed.

"You can sit with us. We have plenty of room." Cedric offered, giving me his charming smile again. I couldn't help but agree as I followed him down the hall and into another compartment. Just as in Diagon Alley, the train was lively, filled with laughter and chatter as I passed every compartment.

Cedric stopped at a certain compartment which seemed almost filled as I looked inside.

"Guys, this is Marley, she's going to be in our year," Cedric said as he opened the door. I saw two girls sitting on the left side and sent a wave.

"Marley, this is Cho and Angelina. Everyone else should be finding us soon." I recognized Cho's name from Harry who made sure to fill me in on his huge crush on her.

"Hello," Cho said, a thick Scottish accent laced through her words.

"It's nice to meet you guys." I beamed.

"You're American?" Angelina asked.

"Sadly, I am." I teased. Then, I took my place beside Cedric, but before I could get comfortable, the door burst open and I saw Fred and George fall to the ground at our feet.

I immediately got down and helped them up.

"Keep your blood traitor friends" My head jerked towards the door to see a large boy staring back at me. I had almost mistaken him for a Professor because he was so much larger than us but when I saw the lack of facial hair I was corrected.

"Why, hello." He said, meeting my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and saw the twins standing on either side of me.

"You must be new. I'm Graham Montague." He licked his lips and offered a hand. The way he was looking at me made my stomach churn and I instantly took a step behind the much taller twins.

I watched as the Montague boy clenched his jaw and retracted his hands.

"You'll see who to sort yourself with in the end." And then he turned and went back into the hallways.

"What the bloody hell happened?" Cedric asked, sitting me back down beside him. George sat beside Cho and Angelina while Fred sat on my other side. I saw Fred and Cedric exchange a look with one another, tension immediately arose.