Darling I'm A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream

We have arrived. I shrunk the jet with the help of some Pym Tech. We checked into our hotel. We have one room as the party is tonight and should all go as planned, we'll only be here for one day.

I hacked into the guest list system and added Kate, Peter, and Kamala on it under their aliases.

Kate is Hannah. Peter is Klaus. And Kamala is Matilda.

For the record, Nick provided a list of names for them to pick from and they chose their names.

By the time we got set up, it was time to get ready. I'm wearing a navy blue dress that goes down to the floor so it covers all my weapon holsters that go down to my knees on both legs.

 I'm wearing a navy blue dress that goes down to the floor so it covers all my weapon holsters that go down to my knees on both legs

We take a handful of pictures together before we leave.

The only bags we brought into the hotel room were the ones that held our outfits and our weapons.

I shrunk the bags for our weapons and attached them to a single keychain that I gave to Peter to put in his pocket. I have a secret pocket in my dress that I put the jet in.

We arrive at the venue and we're let in without any issues. Acting as the Chancellor's daughter is great! I've got a number of people wrapped around my finger just because of who my "dad" is.

My teammates and I split up to cover more ground. Kate goes to an upper level, Kamala goes to a far corner, Peter goes to the middle of the room, and I'm at the bar.

I'm going to start with talking to one of my "dad's" close friends. Nick said that if I'm lucky, the drive might be in the pocket of the Chancellor's colleagues for safe keeping because it would be harder to get, than if it were in a safe somewhere.

I could easily get the drive right here and now, but I would risk everything so I can't. Besides, I've already clocked a lot of armed people around here which means a possible shoot out if anything goes wrong.

"What brings such a pretty young lady like you to a party like this?" asks my target in German.

Yay! I get to speak in a different language!

"My father allowed me to come," I say in German. "Who's your father?" asks the man. "Frank-Walter Steinmeier, the Chancellor," I say confidently.

"I didn't know he had a child. Let alone one your age," says the man frowning a little. Oh boy here we go. He's starting to get onto me.

"He doesn't tell people about me to keep me safe," I say. And that's exhibit A of me thinking fast on my feet.

"I see. Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. I realize that I don't even know your name yet," he says. "Lorelei." "That's a very pretty name for a very pretty girl." "Thank you, sir."

We make small talk for a while. We switched to English which makes my life a little easier although it's fun for me to speak other languages.

With each new topic, the closer I get to asking about the drive. And no, I'm not going to be like "So, you have any drive with information that you're supposed to protect?" I'll have to be subtle.