Chapter 1

A commercial appears on a TV screen. The narrator begins talking. "Work, work, work. Seems like the only thing to do in life. Well not anymore! What you see is a brand new resort on an island we like to call Umusde."(pronounced Oo muz dee, it's a made up word). "If you'd like to do something in your life other than work, come on down and spend a week in Umusde's Resort.
"We have a deluxe home for VIPs. If you're not a VIP, we have a resort home made just for you. If you're looking for activities, we have a beach, where you can relax, and the kids can build sandcastles. We also have miniature golf and and a pool with large water slides. Anything a kid could ask for is at this pool!
"All meals will be provided by our amazing chef. Whether it's pizza, or something fancy, he's on the job. If you or anyone else has an allergy, it is important that you tell our chef.
"So come join us on opening day, which is the first day of summer. Spend a week at the gorgeous Umusde resort for just $88.99. Kids under 6 and seniors get a discount. Just call the number at the bottom of your screen or go to the website down below. Hurry before the spots are taken."

The Mitchells vs the Machines

The TV advertisement ends and the TV switches to regular programming. Katie and her girlfriend, Jade were watching TV together.

Katie: "I'm not gonna lie, but that island looked so beautiful. We should definitely go there."

Jade: "You know, you're right. We both aren't busy, so maybe it's worth spending a week there. I have an idea, babe, bring your family with us. They would love it."

Katie: "You think so?"

Jade: "I know so. Plus, they would love to reunite with you."

Katie: "Okay. I'll call them. You can start working on the payment."

Katie gets up from the couch and goes to her room to call her family on the computer. Five minutes later, she comes back. "Alright. They're coming with us!"

Jade: "Wow, that went fast. Well that's good."

Other people saw this advertisement. Here's how it went with each of them.

Mickey Mouse and Friends

Mickey: "What do you think, gang? Should we go?"

Donald: "Better question, why shouldn't we go? It's a great idea!"

Goofy: "A-hyuk I think we should invite Maxie and Roxanne.

Minnie: "Oh that would be nice."

Daisy: "But ever since he graduated college over 15 years ago, he agreed to stay out of the spotlight and live a regular life."

Mickey: "Daisy's right, he may not come along."

Goofy: "He's my son. And I'm sure he will listen to me. I'm going to call him." Goofy walks away.

Donald: "I don't think he's going to say yes."

Mickey: "But it's worth a try."

At a house, Max's phone rings. When Max answers, Goofy yells, "Maxie! How are ya son?"

Max: "It's Max, Dad. I'm surprised that you still haven't figured that out. So what's up?"

Goofy: "Look, I know it's been a while since we've last seen each other, but I was wondering if you and Roxanne are interested in joining me and my friends on a vacation trip for a week."

Max: "You mean the Umusde island? Yeah I saw that and I'm probably not gonna go."

Roxanne walks into the room. "Max, who's on the phone with you?"