Chapter 16 // LOVES

"I'm going to take that silence as an answer to my question," Sapnap giggled

"Well don't go jumping to conclusions," George panicked.

"Well then you've got some explaining to do," Sapnap grinned, knowing he had won.

"Fine... I... like Dream."

Sapnap let silence sit between them, letting George process his own feelings before he continued to berate him with more questions.

"Is that all? That's all you wanna say? Nothing else?"

"Oh shut up, you're just desperate for all the tea. All the drama," George teased, avoiding the question.

"You're avoiding my questions."

Dammit.

"I mean I really think he might like me back but part of me thinks it's all just built up in my head. But when you said we were cute, and you keep pointing all that shit out... it makes me feel like maybe it's not all built up in my head."

"You guys definitely have something special, George. It's not in your head."

"Where is he? He can't hear us, right?"

"He's on the porch sleeping, don't worry," Sapnap assured him.

"He told me he was going to read," George said.

"Well he was, he must've been tired."

There was a brief pause in their conversation and George took a deep breath and tried to process all of the emotions that came over him. It was a big deal for him to finally admit out loud his feelings for Dream.

"Is that all you want to talk about then?" Sapnap asked. "Nothing else you want to get off your mind?"

George thought for a minute.

"Do you think I should confess?"

"Well duh I think you should confess but it's up to you," Sapnap said.

"What if he doesn't like me back? Do you know anything, has he told you anything?"

"No, I've only talked to you about it, so I dunno," Sapnap lied.

George paused for another minute.

"I just don't want to lose him."

Sapnaps heart ached at George's words.

"I don't think he'd ever leave..." Sapnap assured. "He's completely stuck to you, physically and emotionally, don't you ever worry about losing him."

"But what if I can't have anything with him? I'll just push him away. Maybe I won't lose him but I won't have all of him if he doesn't feel the same back."

Sapnap knew that George had a point, but his point was all wrong because he knew that Dream liked him back.

"Do you want me to talk to Dream about it?"

"What?!" George exclaimed. "No, that'll make it so obvious."

"No it won't, I'm great at being subtle."

"If there is one thing you are, Sapnap, it is not being subtle. You make everything obvious. I love you, but it's the truth. Just... please don't say anything to him. I need time to think if I actually want to confess or not."

"You definitely should," Sapnap encouraged.

"Yes I know you think that," George said sternly, clearly over this conversation.

"You should though."

"Well I'm definitely not going to any time soon."

"What?" Sapnap whined, "why not?"