~16 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄💜

Start from the beginning

The excruciating pain I felt at that moment, as tears welled up in my eyes, I couldn't scream, nor help myself.

I had never felt so helpless in my whole life.

All I could see was darkness, as I struggled to keep my eyes open. I felt my body moving in a very odd way, I heard nothing but the silence around me, as I lost consciousness.

________________________ 🖊️

I struggled to keep my lid open, everything seemed blurry. I could feel a massive pain in my head.

"He is awake."

"Mac, "

"Makele."

Those were faint voice I kept hearing.

The throbbing pain in my head increased, and immediately my visions became very visible.

I could see a white plastic chair close to me, a cannula in my left hand. A drip stand close to me, or whatever they called it. I was in a hospital bed. In a single room, clearly not a general ward. My bed was the only one in this room.

I knew I was in deep shit, immediately I saw the doctor who was attending to me. My gaze also fell on my sister.

I was confused at the same time worried. I had so many questions.

"Let me call mum now, she is very worried." Mercy, my older sister said, at the same time gets up. All the while my Aunt, who obviously was the one who attended to me, stared back at me.

"Mercy, take the medium to get yourself something to eat." Aunty Nweneda instructed.

At this point, I knew how messy things had become. I tried to sit up, but the massive pain I felt in my head, wasn't enabling.

"Lay the way you are. How are you feeling?" She asked, obviously knowing I was struggling.

"Pains... My head!" I struggled while those words left my mouth.

"If Mercy hadn't walked in when she did. This could have been a totally different story. Makele, you almost died today."

I noticed my eyes grow wider as she spoke. It was an involuntary action.

"Your mum, specifically begged me not to inform your father, after she heard every..., "

"Jesus!" I exclaimed because I knew I had been caught. Aunty Nwenda was my mum's maternal cousin. She was the sole owner of the hospital, which I was rushed to, which was also very close to my home.

"Make drugs were found in your system, the intake of a substance, your system couldn't handle is what got you to this. This was a near-death experience. I don't know what you teenagers see in hard drugs. How old are you for Christ's sake."

"Does my mum know?" My voice cracked at that instant.

The last thing I wanted was to cause more problems for her.

"She insisted not to inform your Dad, because she can't even imagine what he would do to you."

Not like he cared. He cared less. I couldn't believe this was actually happening to me.

"Your manager insisted that you don't leave the hospital on any accord."

I was waiting to hear this.

"You should rest because we have a lot to talk about. Especially how you got the drug..., "

This was what I dreaded. I couldn't deny it at this point, and neither was I ready to spill. This was fucked up.